Spies are OP atm

Truxa

Hi,

here is what I think of spies:

They should somehow still be detectable at a certain range, like in B4 showing their name when in close proximity of the enemy players.

As it is now, scanning with a unit that has a missile lock, locks on "friendly" characters but it is in fact a spy. Pressing Q afterwards reveals the "enemy spotted" message, thus him being an enemy spy.

Right now, even when you are hugging the spy, you cant make out him to be a spy at all. In the old ren, both teams had SBH-spies, getting too close would make you visual to the enemy (blue glimmer) thus showing up you are a spy in close proximity.

Right now, I think spies are a bit too OP for remaining "stealthed" at any range. Only the observant missle lock units (that usually dont aim for teammates) can detect spies. (and every other pressing Q)

It's not that I "want them back" I just think they were fine the way they were.

Q-spamming to detect them is what I do, same as B4 spies. But people dont care much about them.

1 officer spy blew up 3 buildings in one game, full server. People just couldnt be arsed to find the spy.

I'm not worried spies will blow up stuff, it's just that no one seems to notice spies when they are there.

The designated defender has yet another task to perform while others slack off a whimpy attack and blame the lousy defenders when spies succeed.

I'm actually for a spy-system like in old-ren, where both teams get to have SBH spies. Basedefenses dont notice them and they have essentially the same things as a normal SBH would. So Nod would only know a spy from the spycrate message.

isn't a reticule turning red when you're aiming at an ally enough of a discrepancy to realise he's a spy? If you're not in firing range of the weapon, try switching to a repair gun if you have one, it might not shoot very far but you can make hitboxes appear at infite distances. scrap that, the repairgun does shot hitboxes but doesn't make the reticule green or red when out of range... lol

It's not that I "want them back" I just think they were fine the way they were.

Q-spamming to detect them is what I do, same as B4 spies. But people dont care much about them.

1 officer spy blew up 3 buildings in one game, full server. People just couldnt be arsed to find the spy.

Don't blame the game, blame the players (even if it's not a nice thing to do).