Nod has a destince ealy game advantage on Volcano.

A single Chem Trooper can EASILY take out the GDI harvester and is difficult to kill because they can hide in the corner under the infantry bridge. Meanwhile GDI free infantry have to suicide just to run up to the Nod harvester and toss a timed C4 onto it.

Whenever I'm Nod on Volcano I just instantly grab a chem trooper and I can take out 2-3 GDI harvesters, hampering them early game without them being able to do a damn thing.

The only thing GDI can really do is use a Humvee but I've never had one come to counter me and that still leaves GDI with no way to take out Nod's harvester except suicide runs into the tiberium.

• Totem Arts Staff

GDI can also whore/kill the Nod Refinery with just Grenediers from the bunker. No one ever seems to do it, but Nod doesn't have an early game equivalent. On that same note, GDI Grenadiers/McFarland can kill Chems from on the catwalk with all kinds of uber splash.

Viva la asymmetrical sides.

Nod's early chem-rush is pretty darn powerfull! e.g. on volcano, chems can run through tiberium field and into powerplant, destroying it in mere seconds (first tossing 3x Timed C4's followed by MCT spamming) Just 3 chemsprayers can easily take it out.

But only if you are covert enough.

In B3, I went in with just 1 other, 2 chemsprayers. Tossed C4's, waited 25 seconds and started spraying.

PP died quite easily!

Who cares for the harvester? geesh, powerplant suffers them more :P

(BTW, I'm almost always rushing harvester with chemsprayer, on any map)

• Totem Arts Staff
Nod's early chem-rush is pretty darn powerfull! e.g. on volcano, chems can run through tiberium field and into powerplant, destroying it in mere seconds (first tossing 3x Timed C4's followed by MCT spamming) Just 3 chemsprayers can easily take it out.

But only if you are covert enough.

In B3, I went in with just 1 other, 2 chemsprayers. Tossed C4's, waited 25 seconds and started spraying.

PP died quite easily!

Who cares for the harvester? geesh, powerplant suffers them more :P

(BTW, I'm almost always rushing harvester with chemsprayer, on any map)

Chem soldier got haphazardly nerfed vs. buildings in B4 with the way it has to reload before making it to 100 shots now.

Again, GDI CAN defend their harv if they choose to, but they actually have to commit to it. It's also easier for GDI to hold the cave late game, since that cave offers no cover for flame tanks.

Killing the PP with 3 chems is more a testament to a bad GDI team as opposed to Chem actually being all that great at killing buildings.

GDI can also whore/kill the Nod Refinery with just Grenediers from the bunker. No one ever seems to do it

...except me. I play Grenade Golf all the time in Beta 3's Volcano and hit PP, Ref or Strip.

You can do this on walls now with Grenadier and McFarland now and in B1, can't you? Actually, the situation's pretty much reversed on that map, GDI have a distinct first-wave advantage with grenadier and mcfarland, compared to chem.

A single Chem Trooper can EASILY take out the GDI harvester and is difficult to kill because they can hide in the corner under the infantry bridge. Meanwhile GDI free infantry have to suicide just to run up to the Nod harvester and toss a timed C4 onto it.

Whenever I'm Nod on Volcano I just instantly grab a chem trooper and I can take out 2-3 GDI harvesters, hampering them early game without them being able to do a damn thing.

The only thing GDI can really do is use a Humvee but I've never had one come to counter me and that still leaves GDI with no way to take out Nod's harvester except suicide runs into the tiberium.

Isn't that the point of the different factions though? The chemtrooper only being avaliable to Nod and having the benefit of no Tiberian Damage.

• 3 weeks later...