[Tutorial] Renegade-X essential tutorials

kenz3001

• Totem Arts Staff

Renegade-X essential tutorials for mappers

i put together some essential tutorials about all the Renegade-X assets that you need to use in your maps + some extra stuff you may not need to use

Play list

PT modify properties for Tutorial #13:

bAccessable = false

ToolTip = Press [ {GBA_USE} ] to blah blah

Get properties for Tutorial 15:

BuildingInternals

Health

hope these help you out .. ill try and get some more done asap

• Like 1

Yo kenz,

I have just built paths because I wanted to get a Nod spwanpoint up to test the GDI guard towers. And it built paths in the buildings and from some buildings to others, I haven't forced any paths yet. How is this possible? Is this a bad thing and is there a way to maybe remove them? They seem ok, it's not a big spaghetti, the nodes connect to the closest other nodes.

Also, there's blue and green lines in buildings.. It also connected blue lines from the Power Plant to the WF and the WF to the Barracks. Refinery not, because that one's lower into the ground.

I haven't placed any other path nodes, except for 2 spawn points.

Is there a way to say to the harvester "dont use this way!" ?

My situation is.. Harvi spawns on airstrip, driving to the right, between HoN and PP, direct way to the Tib.

But he is using the same way to drive to the Ref.. So he's using the HoN BuildingNode & the Airstrip VehRolloutNode for the Ref way..

EDIT: I dont know how.. but somehow did the harvi take the path I wanted to take.. but he didn't start driving back to the tib field and stopped at the RefGate (after the turn and ref pump animation)

• Totem Arts Staff
Is there a way to say to the harvester "dont use this way!" ?

My situation is.. Harvi spawns on airstrip, driving to the right, between HoN and PP, direct way to the Tib.

But he is using the same way to drive to the Ref.. So he's using the HoN BuildingNode & the Airstrip VehRolloutNode for the Ref way..

EDIT: I dont know how.. but somehow did the harvi take the path I wanted to take.. but he didn't start driving back to the tib field and stopped at the RefGate (after the turn and ref pump animation)

use the "block for harvester path node" (tut #7 shows it)

use the "block for harvester path node" (tut #7 shows it)

I know about this PathNode, but I want the Harvester to take the path between the HoN and the PP to reach the Tib, when It's going to spawn. But want him to take the other side of the PP (between PP and Rocks) to reach the Ref. Dont wanna block the entire path, just one direction to drive. Is that possible ?

EDIT: Derp... I got it.. I just had to place the BlockForHravesterPathNode between the AirStrip and the Ref.. so It wont take the path back to the tib field or back to ref, by passing the airstrip..

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Kenz, Great tutorials! Could you make one on tunnels? I can't figure out how they deleted a portion of the texture map on Whiteout and created a tunnel. Is there a way to place 2 layers for the paint editing? It would be nice if you could clear this subject up. I've got a neat map in the works that I need to finish some tunnels on

• Totem Arts Staff

Uh, well.... he cleared it up in one of the Let's Make a Renegade X Map episodes. The secret is to make 2 landscapes, place them in the same X and Y coordinate and play around with the heights... and paint the visibility to delete some of the unneeded surfaces on both the landscapes. One Landscape forms the tunnel, another forms the hole

• Totem Arts Staff
Hey Kenz, Great tutorials! Could you make one on tunnels? I can't figure out how they deleted a portion of the texture map on Whiteout and created a tunnel. Is there a way to place 2 layers for the paint editing? It would be nice if you could clear this subject up. I've got a neat map in the works that I need to finish some tunnels on

um these tutorials are only renegade-x assets specific i dont rarely go over any Generic UDK stuff

but its easy to cut a hole in landscapes you need to use the visibility tool (looks like an eye) in the landscape editor tool

• 1 month later...
  • Agent unpinned this topic