Help creating a Lan server for Beta 3.

SpamGun

Simple as title says, me and my gaming group would like to play this on Lan, but been having issues such as players being unable to reconnect to a server after a map change, or not being able to connect at all. How can we set up a server for players Vs. bots that wouldn't fudge up? P.S. please don't refer to other older post but instead state info in reply, been all over the forums and got no where with it, and the way we made the server for Beta 2 and 1 doesn't work right for 3.

Thanks.

lol since your knew i will cut you some slack.

Install the game normally, like you would if you want to play then make a batch script like the link says at step two.

My batch script as an example:

@echo off

cd "D:\RenegadeX\EKT\Binaries\Win32"

start UDK.exe server CNC-LakeSide?AdminPassword=SuperCoolPassword?maxplayers=40 -port=7171

after the server has run once close it down and look in the config files, all the options you want to change are in there.

Pretty much as the link guide says.

Regards

thats exactly how i host my servers, 40 players most days no issues (apart from the odd mass dc around once twice a month)

Did you try using the -nosteam option?

Also try posting your logs as well n we can see if anything jumps out at us or the devs.

Regards

• 1 year later...