Fake beacons/beacon spamming.

epicelite

How do people feel about this? I feel you shouldn't be allowed to place beacons in your own base. If you want a fake one you should at least have to leave your base. This would also stop people just buying beacons and dropping them where they stand because they have nothing better to do.

You should just get a message and the beacon won't stick when you try in your own base.

"Uplink cancelled; Friendly structure(s) within blast radius."

Can also use this to stop beacons in glitch spots and inside tunnels because that's kinda silly.

"Uplink failed; could not establish satellite contact."

The whole point of planting fakes is to put it as far back inside your base as possible so nobody on the other team can hear it. If you plant it outside of your base, somebody who happens to wander around where you planted would quickly tell their team, making the fake completely useless.

You also don't want the other team defusing it for points.

Beacon spamming, on the other hand, should be fixed by having a 60 second cooldown after purchasing a superweapon.

Glitch beacon, brought it up. Needs better collision mesh or straight-up no-beacon volume

Faking beacon in the base and tunnel? Why not? It also can kill enemies so why not? (not so effective, but a nuke killed 4 mobius in tunnel)

in field ?I remember that was a few week ago I just want to fake at the end game and killed 4 mobius lol

it can delay tank push in some place, so it not totally fake beacon sometime(I wish the blast area could be bigger for some tactical nuke.

• Totem Arts Staff

Yeah, me included, Li. :P

Few days back in Mesa, our Nod base is getting pushed back from the cave, so I planted a beacon on the area by the tanks as SBH. Whether or not it was because of the beacon, the sizeable tank forces from the GDI pulled back. (I screamed 'FOR THE BROTHERHOOD' in 10 seconds beacon time) Suffice to say, the nuke penetrated the ceiling like a butter and hit my head

The once-pressured Nod then launched counter assault and won the match

• Totem Arts Staff

Noticed that no one really exploits this, but during the ModDB podcast I believe, you can plant beacons in the Whiteout tunnel to kill vehicles on the hill. Pretty handy way for GDI to clear arts, if not a bit expensive.

Just the more ya' know.

Edited by Guest

I find them useful when faking a team out for a real plant. Have team place 2 or 3 fakes (provided we have the financial ability) then plant a real 1 or 2. Some on the enemy team will be lulled into thinking it is just another fake. Meanwhile, they lose a building or two. Works best if you have a friend over headset and you can do a counted double plant.

That said, they should only be planted deep in your base. As mentioned, they do no good if the enemy finds them sitting out in the field somewhere and can disarm for points while tipping off their team it's a fake. It can also be useful in base to delay an enemy rush if you see it coming.

• Totem Arts Staff

One more thing, it's exploitable for point-whoring

Recently found out that if you kill someone, and this includes yourself, you'll get money and point based on the price of the thing you've killed. Free inf gives you 100.

So if you buy a sniper, then go nuke yoursrlf, you'll get 500 for that

Actually it could be. I believe in today's match, I've got completely refunded after nuking myself as a snipet. It's a maybe, but still

If you're lucky, you can blow some folks and even get more money

Thats a bug which I reported earlier and a dev responded it being a bug. Most likely the same as the squish bug. It's been dealt with in the next beta

I say disallow beacons in base. This will encourage people to put the fakes out in the field. Honestly, I've gotten rid of harvesters and mammoth rushes this way. By the time people detect it's a fake it's time they spent looking around running like headless chickens in their base looking for it. Unless you're stupid enough to plant it in a commonly used path in which case it deserves to be found.