Top entrance to Airstrip in flying maps.

RoundShades

I think the ramp should come closer to the windows on the top of the Airstrip in flying maps, so you can enter the Airstrip from atop and fall through the roof inside. Bonus points for making it 2 way (Nod can climb ladder/spiralstairs from inside and hop out).

And yes, balancewise it makes sense, the Air is a good hotwire target in a transport (or an APC to the ramp) if it had another entrance, while it seems Nod has so many entrances to choose from when infiltrating.

If the inside is climbable, then on non-flying maps, leave it climbable. It would benefit Nod and would benefit GDI if they were able to infiltrate they could beacon upstairs with more likely defence while that situation being very seldom.

Jumping in the roof through the windows from the ramp is already possible. If you line everything up right that is. Many a airstrip has fallen victim to me doing this as a hottie. Gives great satisfation.

Countered:

Mine near the MCT instead of the doorway. Hotty cant blow it up anymore due to walking in on the mines.

Anoying:

Placing an ion beacon just outside the normal range on the ledge behind the windows. Snipers cover the people who try to go to the beacon.

Counter:

Redesign to remove the ledges, so beacon placers can get through in the strip building and perhaps C4 the MCT, but are not able to place a beacon on that too-hard-to-reach ledge.

I believe that the way it is designed, it wasn't meand to reach this place. Don't come complaining it's "an advanced tactic" as if in reality people would stand on top of a catwalk railing, barely supporting 1 foot on it and use it to jump through a window onto a ledge that has no way down other than jumping down 10 feet (3 meters)

Well as for the mines near the MCT, a hotty has a repair gun that happens to excel at disarming mines, and chances are you got in undetected if you do it right so you'll have plenty of time to disarm them if they happen to be there.

Also a good tactic is to place an ion in the 2nd floor or on the roof in order to distract the enemy while you fall through roof and lay c4 on MCT. One way or another that airstrip is gonna blow.

In real life it'd be even easier than in the game to get in there. You would simply bust out the window, lean over and grab the ledge, and crawl into the 2nd floor. Once youre in there 10 feet isnt high at all. Grab the ledge and drop down and now suddenly your feet are only 2 feet off the ground.

Also I'm pretty sure this was all possible in the original Ren too. Dont have a copy installed to test but i think i remember doing that in it too.

• Totem Arts Staff

A) It's already possible

B) Mining near the MCT makes it virtually impossible to take out the Airstrip, as you have to sit in a very obvious position to disarm the mines, and the Airstrip is usually a very high-traffic area for Nod. (Why anyone mines the door to the strip is completely beyond me.)

C) It was doable in OldRen, it's why we all tried it immediately when beta 1 came out and confirmed that it worked in Ren X before the first day was even over.

D) It isn't even remotely difficult to imagine someone jumping brought that window and hopping down in real life, let alone in-game.

Don't think much of anything here is in need of changing. Nod has it easier getting in to set nukes, while GDI has better options for where to place ions (double ion the strip and ref/pp/Hon on Walls, or double ion the PP and Ref on Walls as well). Probably unintentional balance, but weirdly balanced nonetheless.

Meh, I know it is possible, but having seen it, it isn't "that possible". Meaning, I could see it taking 2-3 tries, and I don't think you have 2-3 tries to gamble with 1k credits, you fall then you're dirt-napping.

It would be nice if it had a metal sheet going across to the damn thing, possibly with that section of arm-rail missing, but I would settle for anything than having to gamble with a jump through the window.

B) Mining near the MCT makes it virtually impossible to take out the Airstrip, as you have to sit in a very obvious position to disarm the mines, and the Airstrip is usually a very high-traffic area for Nod. (Why anyone mines the door to the strip is completely beyond me.)

C) It was doable in OldRen, it's why we all tried it immediately when beta 1 came out and confirmed that it worked in Ren X before the first day was even over.

I remember it was doable in Classic Ren. It is harder to do here, you don't do it in the same way, and the angle jutting out from the top is steeper so it goes farther out. Eh, it is actually better than you think strategically if you think about it, if you have to disarm mines then you can disarm them peeking through the hole because the repgun will reach. Even if they are right on the MCT you can try to throw the C4 overtop of them. Even if you had to disarm them, there is no PT in the back of the air, you could easily repair them while people minding their own business are none the wiser.

I just like the strategy behind this opening.

Airstrip has an awkward building ramp up because of it's design. I think the circular stairs are a poor design choice, from the original Renegade, and the top entrance slopes are devious. But then again, GDI wf is quite exploitable also. Thus I don't think change is necessary , just put down some mines on exploitables 4 fun ; )

I mine near the terminal people just tends to b!tch about and says it's a stupid mine and I should mine the stairs/steps up to the air than on their.

And risk Orca or chinook dropping someone there? Yeah right

Orca/chinook will land there anyway, no matter where you put your mines.

-Placing mines too high up, will detonate when the orca/chinook gets too close --> useless mines.

-Placing mines at the base of the stairs AND doorway covers both entrances, but use more mines.

-Placing mines higher up on the walkway instead of the base, result in previous point.

-Placing mines near the MCT will atleast prevent hotwires to C4 the MCT.

Note, this all goes for the C4 placement tactic. Ions will be placed on the roof or catwalk anyway you see it, no matter where you place the mines. Via orca/chinook landings.

Take your pick, I prever the 4th mining option.