Rotation

vlatkozelka

So i join a game , aaaaaaannd it WALLS . Exit , come back later -> walls ....

Not sure if this should be addressed at devs or server owners , but its just rediculous that the game has all these maps yet walls is played 90% of the time .I dont really hate any map , all of them can become boring stalemates or very fun games it just depends on the situation , but playing the same map all day is just boring and wrong , its why i stoped playing for a while and might again . Also my clan refused to play the game cuz of the same issue,same map all the time.

Also , how are players supposed to learn the game if they keep playing the same scenario over and over again ?Especially on walls which is a non defence map . Where is the team work to bring down obby and AGT ?

I know its a poll and people get to choose , but its obvious noobs will always choose walls since the bases are close and there's no need to find out new ways to do stuff...and im sure whoever made volcano and the other brilliant maps isnt very happy people are playing the map that prolly tooks the least time to make , walls.

Please make a rotation !

The next update will include a server option to use a set map rotation instead of the end of map vote. Though the end of map vote has also been improved, so it can exclude recently played maps and only have a limited number of options.

The next update will include a server option to use a set map rotation instead of the end of map vote. Though the end of map vote has also been improved, so it can exclude recently played maps and only have a limited number of options.

Great to hear!

Is it also improved on the fact that when people vote for 2 or 3 maps and end up with a tie (lets say 4 vote walls, 4 vote field and 4 vote volcano) the map which is highe up in the list (field) is therefor favoured?

Happens loads of times a vote-tie and I understand the need for a tie-breaker, but is that supposed to be the map-list?

Is it also improved on the fact that when people vote for 2 or 3 maps and end up with a tie (lets say 4 vote walls, 4 vote field and 4 vote volcano) the map which is highe up in the list (field) is therefor favoured?

Happens loads of times a vote-tie and I understand the need for a tie-breaker, but is that supposed to be the map-list?

Nah didn't bother doing any fancy tie-breaker logic, it will still take the map highest on the list, but the ordering of the maps is now scrambled. So tie breaking will feel a bit more varied than it is now, because the same maps aren't always going to be higher-priority (eg Field and Walls can be on the bottom now).

Could the map vote system only show 3-4maps instead of all the maps? I think that it would encourage map variety.

Ohh! That would be a great idea!

Maps played the last 3 matches are excluded from the vote, so in essence, there is a "rotation" but the players decide in which order and most likely never the same order

Could the map vote system only show 3-4maps instead of all the maps? I think that it would encourage map variety.

The number of recently played maps to definitely exclude, and the number of options to add to the vote list are both server variables. Default is exclude 3, give 5 options.

So it's clear how it works: The map pool starts with all the maps on the server map list, it then removes the X amount of last played maps to exclude, then randomly picks X amount of maps from the map pool to put on the vote.

Example with the default settings. Last 3 played maps were Field, Goldrush and Volcano - so they get removed from the map pool. So it then randomly picks 5 from the map pool (which is now Islands, Lakeside, Mesa, Walls, Whiteout and Xmountain), and so the resulting vote list could be: Whiteout, Lakeside, Islands, Walls, Mesa.