beta3 crash at explosions

isupreme

Yes, crashing/freezing due to explosion is more frequent now, or atleast I have the impression that it is ever since the other crash issue has been gone.

But to say that it's unplayable, surely, you haven't played Beta 1 and 2 through the crashes for very long.

I'd say it mostly happens on Walls though. Which is a good thing, I'm getting tired of the map as people tend to vote for it the majority of the time. Hopefully, these crash issues will divert people from Walls, atleast untill Beta4 comes out

Yes, crashing/freezing due to explosion is more frequent now, or atleast I have the impression that it is ever since the other crash issue has been gone.

But to say that it's unplayable, surely, you haven't played Beta 1 and 2 through the crashes for very long.

I'd say it mostly happens on Walls though. Which is a good thing, I'm getting tired of the map as people tend to vote for it the majority of the time. Hopefully, these crash issues will divert people from Walls, atleast untill Beta4 comes out

Well I have played Renegade X from the start beta 1 and 2 with no crash's!!!!

How do explane that?

Well I have played Renegade X from the start beta 1 and 2 with no crash's!!!!

How do explane that?

You're lucky? You only played Beta 1 twice and Beta 2 once?

Everyone had crashes in Beta 1 and 2, the lowest crashed about 25% of the time (1 in 4 games).

I was just saying that it seems to happen more frequent to crash due to explosions because the other crash reason (mapswitch) has been eliminated.

I'm thinking it might have to do with some filters, but I'm not sure.

I am happy that i don't Always crash in these moments, anymore like i did in beta 2. At least in beta 3 it only happens sometimes... and i get a big lag event for the others. I can handle the lag as it is so much better than always DC.

Still, I hope a way can be found to improve the situation.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Totem Arts Staff

I need to bring this up for a moment

At some point during the start of explosion, a huge plane with material texture that resembles a debris appeared on the source of explosion, briefly enveloping the map, but quickly shrunk into void. During the lag/crash, this can be visibly seen most of the time

Could this be the cause? Was it some faulty Particle System there?