TWO SUGGESTIONS: supply pack drops + Dedicated grenade slot.

GatsuFox

Ever been out in the field for a long time and just simply find your self running out of ammo. I find this to be the case quite often, especially with the higher cost classes and classes with low ammo pools (rocket guy especially) so I've been thinking of ideas to remedy this situation aside from infinite ammo. The best idea I have come up with is an old school solution to this problem which is just simple ammo packet/supply pack drops from dead players, friendly and enemy.

Picking up a pack should grant ammo and possibly armor (NOT HEALTH) to extend field time for infantry classes. The amount of ammo should be a percentage (maybe 15%?) or a flat amount dependent on the class. Armor amount should be 15 - 25 flat armor.

The other suggestion that kind of ties into this is having a dedicated grenade slot for infantry classes other than the engineer types. Just something to help flush out corner campers/snipers while not losing the massive utility of having c4. I feel as if the grenades are just a waste right now and even if they did have their own dedicated slot (4) they would not be broken at all as they're already kind of weak. Also, if supply packs become a thing, they should grant +1 grenade each (not going over max of course).

• Totem Arts Staff

Not a huge fan of the grenade slot, but I'm definitely behind letting infantry drop ammo. Especially with classes like the officer, you're guaranteed to need to refill if you survive more than a minute in the field.

Percentage sounds nice, or if it works out easier we could have it add a magazine for automatic weapons, then a set number for small-mag weapons like railguns and rocket launchers. Say 6 rockets.

Aside from the EMP nades, I personally just find the grenades oddly out of place in RenX. It's one thing they could probably remove and not even have people bring up.

I'm personally still waiting for actual weapon drops and the ability to carry at least 2 weapons of any kind but thats something else.

I personally remember a ammo station thing in the demo menu. The idea that someone can buy an ammo station and refill their friends (or buy it for yourself) is pretty neat.

But dropping supply pack that recovers some ammo and armor is a neat idea, too. I'd be behind that. I'd even say "give 10 credits" on top of that (only if it was an enemy's pack) just because I find credits WAY too hard to get when the ref is down and all that.

I'm not for the grenade change either. I find the choice fine as it is. Grenades or C4. I don't want to encourage more grenade spamming.

I am a fan of grenades, especially in tunnel areas. More often than not I switch the timed C4 for grenades, to spam explosions from a distance without the use of a grenade launcher.

Aside from that, I do think EMP grenades should fit in the same slot as normal grenades. I sometimes use it as a smokescreen to cover engineers from defusing nukes/ions

I'm personally still waiting for actual weapon drops and the ability to carry at least 2 weapons of any kind but thats something else.

I personally remember a ammo station thing in the demo menu. The idea that someone can buy an ammo station and refill their friends (or buy it for yourself) is pretty neat.

But dropping supply pack that recovers some ammo and armor is a neat idea, too. I'd be behind that. I'd even say "give 10 credits" on top of that (only if it was an enemy's pack) just because I find credits WAY too hard to get when the ref is down and all that.

I'm not for the grenade change either. I find the choice fine as it is. Grenades or C4. I don't want to encourage more grenade spamming.

Credits on pickup would be nice since you are right, credits are extremely hard to come by from doing damage to infantry and to a certain extent tanks.

• 2 weeks later...