Early APC/Transport Rush Prevention

DoctorB0NG

Dear community,

Why do we suck so badly at stopping APC/tranny rushes early in the game? Not to name a certain individual (rhymes with MatrinaHunt :D) but it's pretty darn easy to stop APC rushes early in the game. I've had many individuals claim that early rushes are ruining the game. This simply isn't true. A team that can't defend against an early rush effectively probably wouldn't have won anyways...

TL;DR: Call out rushes as you see them coming and don't get mad at certain individuals who APC/tranny rush when realistically it's your team that sucks...

Thats the problem ain't it? Bad team ruins the game.

I've played through too many games where this is always the same thing. One team is always drastically weaker than the other for some reason and it makes a game utterly boring. Being on the loser side is all the worse (but its still not much fun on the winning side when its so one sided).

Bring on Field and Under :P

More times than not, Field is being voted after the previous map was won through such an early rush.

Disallowing donations in the first 5 minutes also doesnt cut it, just make starting credits 0, so no one can buy mcfartlands and chemtroopers instantly.

Tactic would become (like the old ren) Harvey rush to get credits, first harvester dump allows for a rush, so attack the harvester while protecting yours. Killing the enemy harvey is more important though (to disallow early rushes). Time has passed to mount a defense (remote C4) for the dedicated defender and it's game on!

It is a bit different on non-base-defense maps but hey

I would like to see some sort of moderation of this at least in the near term. Especially considering how often we get dropped at the game end.

In general, I support those who organize and rush as it is an effective strategy. It is also fun to see a good team defend against it.

Sometimes i think the price to pay for a Failed Rush should somehow be bigger. Idk how. But that would encourage team defense work.

On the crashing part:

I've read something before and stated somewhere else the following:

DO NOT USE THE PURCHASE TERMINALS APPROXIMATELY 30 SECONDS BEFORE THE MAP ENDS!

I know it's hard when you are on defense mode and need to refill a lot, but still, if a loss is imminent, just stand AFK the last 30 seconds or so (when a nuke/ion is counting down, easy timing) or just force yourself not to use a terminal.

This allows for 2 things: less crashing (as stated in an update report) and faster map-ending (for those who complain about dragging stalemates etc.)

I say it again:

DO NOT USE THE PURCHASE TERMINALS APPROXIMATELY 30 SECONDS BEFORE THE MAP ENDS!