It is time to release the Beta-3

N3tRunn3r

Well, it is about time. RenX is getting frustrating.

Where are the news?

Yes, it is yet Beta-2 and has been downloaded more then 50k times.

As you can see, Renegade X loses players!!

Like 50% of all hosted servers are gone, like 40 people are scattered between 2 servers.

More and more servers die. Where are all players gone?

It is time for a more stable Beta-3 release asap.

You Devs dont need to fix every bug, glitch and other issues within 1 patch. This is beta!

It is very very better to release one patch after the other. Let's say, weekly or even monthly.

They've lost most of their player base as it is. Their best bet is to stop calling it Renegade X and call it something else, so the gaming sites report on something different and the players come at it fresh. The Renegade X brand is pretty tarnished at this point. Nothing short of a full reboot is going to save this

• Like 1

They've lost most of their player base as it is. Their best bet is to stop calling it Renegade X and call it something else, so the gaming sites report on something different and the players come at it fresh. The Renegade X brand is pretty tarnished at this point. Nothing short of a full reboot is going to save this

That would be hideously stupid. You really think the first thing news won't do is to just call it out as being that same Renegade X?

Besides not thinking like morons, the way to put Renegade X back on its feet is to present it to crowds of people that have not seen it (such as a Steam release), of course in a working, stable, self-updating state.

If they can pull that out the game has a chance to settle again.

Dream on people! Steam is not going to happen I've heard!

In order to get a steam release, you'd need some form of monitizing the game, which is NOT ALLOWED! due to the agreement with EA.

So, get Steam out of your heads! Besides, I think some Devs are against releasing it on Steam to begin with ... So please, stop with the Steam arguement.

@N3tRunn3r

the reason for locking the other topic was due to get-a-grip's negative attitude against the game and devs, please do not follow his footsteps.

If you want news, read the final 2 replies of that same topic you started, otherwise, take a look at Kenz3001's video's about the making of volcano. He alone has logged way more than 40 hours FREE/SPARE TIME just making THAT map. Seriously, devoting that much time to a free game is considered a hobby, but can also be regarded as an obsession. Either way, you or anyone else pushing/stressing the devs is not going to work, only patience is.

I'd much rather play a game with 40-50-60 people who regularly play and are the core of the community, than to have 1000's of people playing this game and don't know shit and screw up your team's tactics (like e.g. mine limit)

Those people still filling up that 1 server are waiting, patiently waiting untill the new patch/version, others are not playing but waiting behind the screens. I bet that when beta 3 comes out, more than 3 servers will be FULL (40/40) and others 10/40 or 20/40. Your negativity (and get-a-grip's too) will only scare the potentials away. Your own topics are the cause of what you are afraight of ...

Rather have a dead forum than a forum filled with scare-topics

• Totem Arts Staff

In order to get a steam release, you'd need some form of monitizing the game, which is NOT ALLOWED! due to the agreement with EA.

not true you can put free games on greenlight well whats left of the greenlight service (look for free games on steam most of them are from greenlight

not true you can put free games on greenlight well whats left of the greenlight service (look for free games on steam most of them are from greenlight

But greenlight requires a payment of 90,- euro, perhaps 1 of the devs or the community is willing to cough up 90 euro's to buy a greenlight submission fee (which is not directly related to RenX, thus possible)

1 of the terms required to place a game on greenlight, is the licence to sell that game.

Another term is you cannot place an item or game that belongs to anyone else.

Source: http://store.steampowered.com/app/219820/

(might be in Dutch, i translated it into English)

English version of the source:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/219820/?l=english

that is what i wanted to write, now quoting ^^

But greenlight requires a payment of 90,- euro, perhaps 1 of the devs or the community is willing to cough up 90 euro's to buy a greenlight submission fee (which is not directly related to RenX, thus possible)

90€ to get a massively playerbase is or will be a nice investment.

Who knows, maybe on anytime donations to the Devs are allowed.

Maybe all the RenX Server Admins are going to donate these 90€ in total.

Auto-Updates via Steam

Latest News on Steam

Extra Forum on Steam

Extra Community on Steam

Extra Extra Extra, while extra means special

^^

1 of the terms required to place a game on greenlight, is the licence to sell that game.

Another term is you cannot place an item or game that belongs to anyone else.

Source: http://store.steampowered.com/app/219820/

(might be in Dutch, i translated it into English)

English version of the source:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/219820/?l=english

Please don't forget what I wrote next, I don't think the Terms for greenlight are met

Don't get me wrong!

A steam release would be helpful, as any other means of spreading the RenX word to gain support and community! I only replied with these points to end the endless discussion about topics that aren't worth writing about ...

Talking about a steam release when some of the dev team are opposing that, or not meeting the terms just ends that discussion all together.

Some discussions are just not worth it, just like being negative about the progress (see get-a-grip's posts)

We should talk about some constructive thinks, like discussing tactics, bugs/glitches which are not supposed to be used or should be penalized before they are fixed. Constructive things to build up the community, not useless, senseless or negative things ...

Here, I'll start:

GDI is getting progressively better at defending against SBH infiltrations. Just today, a 3 SBH tagteam with a stank support infiltrated GDI on whiteout. GDI had 3 Orca's defending the base and 4-6 hotwires while attacking the Nod base ...

If it wasnt for the team effort of Nod artillery, bombarding the WF first, then setting off 3 nukes (powerplant and 2x at ref) WF got repaired to 100%, changed bombarding target to Bar (got killed) while 1 of the ref nukes (mine) was diffused, the other 2 killed pp and ref ... WF was last to stand, but as GDI was busy disarming nukes, WF got low repairs and got killed soon after.

If it wasnt for that team-effort as such, GDI had massed a huge fleet or orca's (atleast 7 were build at the time) and destroyed Nod base. Few ions went off as well

My point being, this community is growing in terms of teamwork and coordination! I like that! it's shitloads better than having only a handfull players carrying the entire team. Let alone when those handfull get to join 1 team and obliterates the other team...

That would be hideously stupid. You really think the first thing news won't do is to just call it out as being that same Renegade X?

Besides not thinking like morons, the way to put Renegade X back on its feet is to present it to crowds of people that have not seen it (such as a Steam release), of course in a working, stable, self-updating state.

If they can pull that out the game has a chance to settle again.

They might, they might not. It's worth a shot. Once gamers associate a name with constant crashing, no players etc, they tend to avoid that name. It's one reason why Renegade was a failure. Word of mouth spread about how awful it was. After WS collapsed, the game lived on as a shell of its former self.

• Like 1

Beta 3 isn't ready yet, otherwise it would be open beta 3.

What's the point of releasing something if it creates more problems than what it solves?

It's much better to wait until it's complete and stable, this way it will bring players back and not drive even more players away.

Just be patient and let the devs do their thing.

Truxa, please, just check my signature's links... and we will have those discussions there!!

This is a Beta-3 thread, neither a tactics nor a it-was-a-nice-renx-day-today thread, nor a suggestions thread!! Thx!! Dont format this thread like this or I am pissed. The only suggestion is to get some latest news about Beta-3, and please except map making (dont worry kenzo, no offence hehe ^^).

This here is also not a "Get-RenX-onto-Steam-right-now" Thread, that is correct.

Someone started this discussion and we successfully finalized it.

Over & Out!!

What Kil mentioned is alright, I just wanted to re-start this thread as it was before those flaming issues.... waiting for a Dev's respond about official upcoming news for Renegade X (Beta-3?):

... yeah development speed is in a lower gear at the moment than during the initial release hence the longer wait for beta 3, but hey that's the nature of trying to develop a AAA-esque product where no one makes a single cent, the speed fluctuates as people come and go regularly.

Official news soon.

And now let's wait for some official News in here ^^

I actually suggest most of you to not panic. This is a beta. Beta isn't release, it isn't a tarnished name, and those who really care think this game is alright as is and can only get better.

I am sorry, but convincing a larger playerbase is hard, sometimes even requires deception because "larger" means more generic.

However, this is a free game. If it were Steam and had more maps and less crashes, it would get more attention. However, besides panicing guys who are upset there aren't 2+ servers open all the time, why worry when there isn't a chance the game will die. The devs don't lose money from lack of sales lol.

I hope they make the game well. After that, if playerbase doesn't grow, its nobody's fault, I will continue to support it.