Secondary Weapons

synthc

The version 2 patch has made secondary weapons pretty useless. Of course, they need to not carry over to new games, but you should still respawn with them after dying. The non-tiberium weapons are hardly any better than the basic infantry weapons (ex. grenade launcher≈heavy pistol; automatic rifle≈carbine). The tiberium weapons are good, but considering their cost and the fact that they need a silo, they still aren't that great.

The biggest issue is that none of these weapons give you any health, so you're better off just buying characters. Increasing the cost of secondary weapons is fine, but you should be able to keep them all game. I'll be going back to version 1, both for this reason and also because version 2 doesn't actually fix any of the crashing for me and it's a lot more laggy.

I don't think you understand their point. Secondary weapons allow infantry to spend some more credits to make themselves more versatile.

They are secondary and don't intend to replace anything. An hotwire can get something to defend herself at range more effectively, for instance.

So its completely ridiculous that you stay to beta 1 for this. And if people really do start to choose one version over the other willingly, this already dying game will be even more dead. Awesome.

I understand the purpose of secondary weapons, but as they are, it's a horrible use of credits. If they are going to serve only the purpose of making infantry more versatile then they need to be a lot cheaper. Personally I like the idea of upgrading your secondary weapon for the entire game (though I admit that it's a bit OP as it is, prices should be higher).

And this is definitely not the only reason why I went back to version 1. Version 2 doesn't fix any of crashing for me but it's way more laggy; this is my primary reason for going back to 1. Currently version 1 is a lot more active than 2 and think this may be one of the reasons why.

The version 2 patch has made secondary weapons pretty useless. Of course, they need to not carry over to new games, but you should still respawn with them after dying. The non-tiberium weapons are hardly any better than the basic infantry weapons (ex. grenade launcher≈heavy pistol; automatic rifle≈carbine). The tiberium weapons are good, but considering their cost and the fact that they need a silo, they still aren't that great.

The biggest issue is that none of these weapons give you any health, so you're better off just buying characters. Increasing the cost of secondary weapons is fine, but you should be able to keep them all game. I'll be going back to version 1, both for this reason and also because version 2 doesn't actually fix any of the crashing for me and it's a lot more laggy.

I agree. I've rarely seen secondary weapons since beta 2, and when people stop using something in a game it's because there is something wrong with it. It needs to be fixed.

I think that devs should increase their price and keep them as per-match upgrades, eligible sidearms with more defined roles, or make them a lot cheaper so they are worth even for a 100HP soldier whose purpose is to die for the sake of teamwork.

As they are now, nobody is using them, and that's depth that the game has lost.

Since the patch I started to feel like these weapons were for either, defence or support weapons for fairly weak characters, like the obvious Engineers or even SBH and Snipers.

I do miss having my Heavy Gun all the time but I don't think you are suggesting something better, Tiberium weapons shouldn't be even common.

• 2 weeks later...

I always get secondary weapons. They are perfect for mopping up people that are low if you have a slow weapon. I never tunnel without one. I think character locked upgrades would be sweet too, and would further add to versatility too, like maybe allow engineers to purchase a low tier shotgun or something while allowing rocket troops to purchase extra explosives and so on. And you should only respawn with the pricier class locked upgrades while having to purchase the universal ones again upon death. Everybodies happy.

The issue with doing this is that it would eclipse the standard silenced pistol... which in all honesty is not a bad weapon. It would also slightly alter the core functionality of established characters. When you see an enemy engineer, you are expecting them to defend themselves with a pistol. But if they could get a one time purchase of a carbine, then it just makes that class all the more stronger. You should have to pay extra each and every time you want to amplify your character per life.

The way they functioned in the first beta was a bug. They were never intended to persist through death. Their main reasons for even being in the game are to give players options to adjust their characters in addition to tweaking a player's performance in certain situations. They are also intended to be a credit sink to prevent people from saving up too much money (especially on maps with silos).

They are just sidearms so they aren't supposed to be game changers. However, when you look at their prices you can just consider them to be new characters that you have to pay a handful of credits for... and not give up anything on your current character.

I see nothing wrong with how they are set up right now.

Well if they cost 1500 i say they could stay for a match, but should be only available if you hold the techbuilding ...

but i got used to it, i like it how it is now ...

I only buy em for hotty/tech, ramjet or sbh ...

i would prefer it stays like it is now

i like it the way it is... no fucking tib wepaons all the time... they can be annoying.

also i already see another bug if we really make it a one time purchase for one match: you buy a tib weapon, after that your silo gets captured but you still can use those tib weapons... within minutes everyone have those damn weapons... oh boy.

i love it the way it is. i buy a secondary weapon when im in need for it, end of story :P. but what i would like to have would be an auto buy button: everytime i die and purchase a new character i would like to have the secondary weapon get bought too without having to manually buying it. with that option i wont always forget to buy one xD.