New player stories

Crab

I'd like to have everyone share humourous things they've seen newcomers do in these precious first few days of the open beta. I don't mean this to be a thread where we shame or complain about people new to Renegade X, just to have a good laugh.

So far I've seen:

Two GDI soldiers shooting at a nuke beacon, then toss their C4 on it.

An entire base of GDI trying to enter the transport helicopter that I stole, while on the ground, sitting in the gunner seats and mowing down 10+ clueless people before a teammate jumped in.

Engineers trying to damage enemy tanks with the repair gun.

Someone that threw C4 on a purchase terminal.

Engineers standing in the middle of tiberium fields while repairing the harvester.

Soldiers, shotgunners, and marksmen running towards me and shooting at my medium tank.

An engineer get out of his stealth tank to repair it about 10m away from me after I shot it with a couple rockets (I kept it as a trophy for almost the entire round).

Engineers trying to damage enemy tanks with the repair gun.

Soldiers, shotgunners, and marksmen running towards me and shooting at my medium tank.

Guilty of these

An engineer get out of his stealth tank to repair it about 10m away from me after I shot it with a couple rockets (I kept it as a trophy for almost the entire round).

Stole a Mammie when I killed the two guys repairing it. That was fun.

I was shooting at a medium tank and running towards it as a Soldier (trying to C4 it) and the guy jumped out when I was like 2 feet away. I stole it and killed him. He then proceeded to call me a hacker for like 20 minutes.

I thought he was joking at first, but he was serious lol. He even admitted he thought I was hacking simply because I took his tank xD

1. People using repair gun on purchase terminal instead of MCT.

2. Timed c4 thrown on purchase terminal.

3. Players leaving empty vehicles lying around out in the open or in a base with no base defenses.

4. Snipers standing perfectly still out in the open trying to counter snipe 3 noobjets. Lakeside, end of Nod airstrip. Bright map just standing at the top of the hill standing perfectly still shooting at 3 enemy snipers over at the silo.

OH and putting proximity mines on MCT is a legitimate strategy. There has been times i have almost taken out a building. About 1-5% left. out of timed and remote c4. Toss remainder proxies on mct. Dumbo walks in to repair and blows up his own base.

Also if you have a freebie unit like a soldier or an engineer. It is perfectly okay to run up to a Mammy or flame tank, guns blazing. Just as long as you are able to toss your c4 on the bugger.

Engineers not repairing anything, just running around, not repairing the building that's getting shot at when these said engineers clearly run near or even into the structure, engineers not repairing my vehicle even if I parked right in front of them. Yeah sure I know a lot of people do their own repairs but I'd rather not risk it getting stolen... especially by some new player who thinks it's okay to take someone else's vehicle.

Need vehicle binding :D

I managed to throw a timed C4 onto a MRLS before getting shot by a sniper. A couple engineers saw me throw the C4 onto the vehicle and tried to defuse it, but the driver just kept driving back and forth until it exploded. Those two engineers must have felt pretty frustrated.