First impressions, never played Renegade before

JazzGrowl

Hi! I started playing Renegade X yesterday, after seeing some gameplay videos and thinking it looked like a mix between Planetside 2 and Quake.

So after playing it around 6 hours, I can say the gameplay of Renegade X is perfect.

Sure, there are bugs and probably missing features, but the core gameplay elements make the game incredibly fun. The movement speed and TTK are just right, killing someone in this game actually requires skill, and you can defend yourself when you're attacked (unlike other games where you can get killed by 2 shots in the back) and dodge bullets. There are a lot of different weapons that are completely different from most modern FPS, many vehicles and maps, so each game is different: you can play an engineer, then an airplane pilot, then a sniper...

Some of these features are common in modern games, but I am blown away by how good this free game is. I thought a "beta 0.1" would mean it's barely playable... But really it just needs bugfixes and VOIP to be the perfect multiplayer game!

Now I just need to find a private server to be able to play without cheaters :mad:

Edited by Guest

Hopefully the cheater issue will get solved either through our end or simply through server moderation. As an animator, it is hard for me to exactly confirm such aspects. comp26.gif

Anti-cheat protection can be done in a variety of ways but when it comes down to it, there's nothing that really works perfectly. Its just a back & forth fight at best, the cheaters always find a way to bypass your tricks and with a free game, they lose nothing for trying.

Best methods are definitely server moderations, and a vote kicks can work too (I hate vote kicks, can be abused, but sometimes its better to have it when there's no moderators around).

This is part of the reasons why dedicated servers on PC are not actually an option, they are a requirement.

Hopefully the cheater issue will get solved either through our end or simply through server moderation. As an animator, it is hard for me to exactly confirm such aspects. comp26.gif

Adding vote kick/ban would be useful for those times admins aren't around =)

There is a vote option in the vote menu to kick players. Though votes doesent last long enough so that they often fail cause not enough players voted... we will adress that with the first patch though.