Tutorial - UVW Unwrap Tutorial by Soviet_Deso

Cool, I learned how to unwrap from the other tutorial you posted. A quick question, is it necessary to have the whole model on a single unwrap to apply?

Man is he a fast worker. ohmy.gif

Doesn't this mean that parts of your textures are just mirrors of eachother? Seeing as he stacks them.

• Former Developers

yes it is nescessary. It also depends tho. For vehicles, weapons and even characters to have 1 UV layout is very important. With characters you can get away with 2, like one for the body, and 1 for the head, say if you wanted to use the same body with a different head, all you have to do is change the head.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
QUOTE (cubera @ Mar 29 2008, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, can I do this on AutoCAD? :huh: I don't have 3DS Max. If not where can i get an unwrapping tool that doesn't cost lots of money?[/b]

I'm not sure if this will work for AutoCAD but it does for 3ds Max:

http://www.pullin-shapes.co.uk/page8.htm

Called Roadkill, it was originally coded for Blender until they were, eventually, able to make it into a free and standalone app. Alternatively you can download Blender itself and start using it - that's also free, it has loads of tutorials to get you started and it's updated regularly with better features/functionality.