0.55 Has Been Patched

[NE]Fobby[GEN]

• Totem Arts Staff

Hey friends!

Just a quick heads up from the team. We've noticed in the past few weeks that flame tanks have been causing client crashes on Renegade X. In order to fix this problem, we removed the factor that was causing these crashes and released the first ever Renegade X autopatch. The patch also includes a few small fixes for maps.

To patch Renegade X to the latest version, simply open the 0.55 Renegade X Server Client and it will automatically prompt you to download the update. Some players tell me that the client prompts them again after downloading the update - if it asks you to download the update after you have already downloaded it, simply ignore the message.

Once the download is complete, Renegade X will be automatically patched and you'll be ready to rock and roll.

To download Renegade X v0.55, simply CLICK HERE. You must have Unreal Tournament 3 updated to its latest patch.

Happy gaming!

Just going to double post here because I am unable to edit my post;

For those that experience problems with the auto-updater: You can also download the updates manually. Download the files from the following locations:

- http://www.renegade-x.com/sc/updates/0_5_5_1_critical/

- http://www.renegade-x.com/sc/updates/0_5_5_1/

Keep the folder structure as it is (e.g. Put RenXGame.u and RenX_Weapons.u in Published\Script). The Updater.exe should overwrite the old Updater.exe, because there were problems with the older updater, same counts for Renegade-X.exe.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

"Renegade-X Frontend has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I downloaded UT3: Black Edition from Steam, updated it to the latest patch, and then downloaded Renegade-X 0.55. The auto-updater started downloading, but the connection kept getting slower until it was only downloading at 2 kb per sec. So I canceled the update and tried again, and when the updater came up, it seemed like it was just replacing the old files. Did I screw it up by cancelling the update? Do I just need to completely delete the renegade folder and start over?