Renegade X - 0.55 Release! (UT3)

[NE]Fobby[GEN]

• Totem Arts Staff

Renegade X is an FPS total conversion mod, bringing the world of Command & Conquer to ground level, on the Unreal Engine 3. Renegade X is currently a mod for Unreal Tournament 3, but the development team has since been working hard on a standalone version, to be released in the near future, using the Unreal Development Kit (UDK).

The 1 Year Anniversary of Renegade X!

One year ago today, on September 30th 2009, the Renegade X beta officially went live. And what a great year it's been! With tens of thousands of downloads, 5 awards, a steady playerbase and an amazing community, the past year has been great for Renegade X. We thank you all for your support, and we hope that our best days are still ahead of us.

Much has changed since version 0.35, and to celebrate our first birthday as a released mod, Totem Arts is proud to release Renegade X 0.55.

Renegade X - 0.55 Beta

Originally, the previous version of Renegade X was meant to be the final release as a mod for Unreal Tournament 3. However, after a necessary server move, the Renegade X server browser stopped working, and thus all players were facing difficulties in finding and joining servers.

Although it's rare to catch a dev team like ours with our trousers down, we are not infallible (though that would be nice). On the bright side, these technical difficulties gave us an excuse to release Renegade X 0.55. This should be the perfect pass time as we work to complete the standalone releases in the near future.

DOWNLOAD NOW:

Renegade X v. 0.55: www.renegade-x.com/releases/RenegadeX_Beta_v055.exe

*You need a legitimate copy of Unreal Tournament 3, updated to its latest patch, before installing Renegade X* (UT3 Black Edition also acceptable)

0.55 includes:

- 19 weapons and 2 superweapons

- 11 vehicles

- 8 maps

- And the unique gamemode everyone loves: C&C mode

We took this opportunity to not only fix the server browsing issues, but also bring Renegade X up to date by adding new content into the mod. We want 0.55 to truly live up to its name as being a step up from the previous release.

You can read the full 0.55 change list here: http://www.renegade-x.com/forums/showthread.php?2641-0.55-Full-Changelist&p=32866#post32866

Check out some of the new content below:

New Characters

No more placeholders for these units - we've got Sydney (Personal Ion Cannon), Dr. Ignatio Mobius (Volt Autorifle), and Hotwire (repairs and sabotage) ingame, and they're looking better than ever.

RenX_055_Characters.jpg

Complex

Complex is back. A personal favourite for many classic C&C Renegade fans, Complex is a medium-sized map with no automated base defenses. Stealthy tactics or bloodbath, it is up to you.

RenX_Complex_2.jpg

RenX_Complex_3.jpg

Nuclear Strike Animation

No more redeemer blast placeholder; the Nod nuclear strike has finally made its way into Renegade X, and man is it devastating. This wouldn't be Command & Conquer without shiny explosions.

RenX_NukeExplosion.jpg

And of course we've also got a video of the nuke in action:

Download: http://www.renegade-x.com/RenX_Nuke.avi

Streaming: http://www.moddb.com/mods/renegade-x/videos

Stay tuned. The primary focus of the team at the moment is our standalone singleplayer demonstration, Renegade X: Black Dawn, which will act as a stepping stone to the final batch of indie multiplayer releases. Until then, you've got 0.55, and we hope to add small updates via the autopatcher along the way.

Renegade X also has its own modding tools, and the community is more than welcome to make mutators, maps, and mods for Renegade X. There is already some fascinating custom content released and in the works; be sure to keep your eye out for fan content.

Until the next update, ciao!

I can't remap "K" in controls.

I use IJKL for movement, and so I can't go backwards. :|

Any way to fix this?

Start a game, press ESC. Select settings. Go to Input and then on the bottom of the screen there is a button that says "Keys," click it. Then you should be able to map them. For some reason you can't access that screen from the main menu.

Unless you're saying that it wont let you remap that button for some reason. In which case, I don't know what to tell you.

---

Anyway, I love the update. Characters are awesome. I love the new sniper and the nuke animation.

One thing I noticed with the sniper though: why do the shell casings get launched into my face? Shouldn't they get ejected on the opposite side of the weapon? Or is the gun meant to be used lefty?

Rofl I should've updated RenX once awhile...Last time I updated was like in March or something lol.....I wanted to play some Renegade X a bit today, but then I found out I had to go through thousand of updates....It's like 4hours later and it's still updating.....15% on "Renegade-Volcano" which is 190.000kb.....

Or shouldn't all these things have to happen? That I did something wronG?

Ow, I thought it was something more. It would be nice if there was an option for example to rebuild destroyed buildings because when you lose something its a sure slow game over.

The game is still an remake of Old-Renegade. It will not include that as a primary function seeing as it did not exist in the old game. It might be added as a mutator though.

Ow, I thought it was something more. It would be nice if there was an option for example to rebuild destroyed buildings because when you lose something its a sure slow game over.

Losing a building or 2 never is the end of a game... i've won tons of games where i didn't have a refinery/pp/bar or hand anymore (losing wf or air is a bit problematic ghehe...). It's up to the team to work together to just win it :) That's the thing i've always LOVED about Renegade; The game was never over till the last building died :)

It isnt Havoc89's fault. The missile is supposed to appear the moment EVA starts counting down, but is delayed a little bit. So that causes the missile to not reach the target before the explosion is triggered.

Hehe, it's good you didn't name the person who's responsible for delaying the missle. Havoc isn't to blame, he's a sniper, he's supposed to never miss!

The missle could fall through the ground and blow up 50m below ground for all I care. I'm just happy theres a update to RenegadeX :D

(Actually underground nuke would be cool. Nuke blows up underground and then the building falls into a pit, could be a earthquake bomb lol.)