C&C 4 is out

Bret_Hart

There is not a big enough facepalm in the universe to describe the amounts of suck and fail that this game is made of.

Although I bet God could make a facepalm that big... but if he were to do that it would completely obliterate the space-time continuum and rip the universe apart.

• Former Developers

Since I got my copy for free I decided to play the campaign. My god was it crap.

I actually thought that the story would be some what decent, but it was literally nothing.

Here you have this great story that has taken over a decade to be built, and it only takes a few idiots a year to make a conclusion that says, "Oh... well we cant think of anything to make a good conclusion and answer all the questions; so we're just gonna fuck up everything by closing the story completely and not answer anything."

It was honestly a "and then everyone lived happily ever after" sort of an ending that was so shit. And yet they were saying that they were gonna answer all the questions, yet they were self contradictory with the story. It was almost as if they completely ignored C&C3 and KW as well because there was nothing about legion or anything.

Just watch the trailer, and you'll see the entire story because there is nothing more to it.

For fuck sakes how stupid do you have to be? Stupid morons!

I stopped following this game ever since version7 of the beta (think it made it to like v18). I for am glad to see how people are reacting to the game. As it was all I posted on the forums about. Yet I only got called a "fanboy" and never heard from an of the Devs.

• Totem Arts Staff
QUOTE (PermaGrin @ Mar 19 2010, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I stopped following this game ever since version7 of the beta (think it made it to like v18). I for am glad to see how people are reacting to the game. As it was all I posted on the forums about. Yet I only got called a "fanboy" and never heard from an of the Devs.[/b]

Same, though I skipped version 6 and 7, but tried version 8. I wrote a lot of big posts and suggestions as to how to make the game better, but I don't think the devs knew the point of betas.

I've just played the released version and there's no improvement on the game whatsoever, the gameplay is so flawed it's unreal. The gameplay is slow and boring and I am very disapointed. The entire battle system is almost exactly as it is on the iphone version of Red Alert. Unit's do very little damage, have no collision so everything goes through each other.

I dislike this game and I'm seriously thinking of just ripping the cinematics so I can see the ending of the storyline without having to play this shit!

Just watched all cutscenes. I don't know if I'm missing anything due to the minimapcutscenes, but it doesn't explain lots of things.

Kane was trapped on earth for thousands of years, why? how? was he a fugitive, banished or simply crashed?

How DID Kane survive the ion cannon and everything else thrown at him? He does say 'you are so fragile' but even the scrin drone ships themselves get beaten up by the ion cannon, so how can Kane survive even with Scrin technology?

What is the reason for the optical implants, why are there only 5? Why doesn't Kane get one for himself? It's his technology, why make himself dependend on someone else?

What of the other aliens that build the tacitus? what of the scrin on the other end of the tower? What happens to the forgotten?

What happens to the tiberium? is it transported through the portal towards the scrin? or crushed by soundwaves (with disastrous effects on all of the planet)?

'answers questions' indeed.

I watched the cutscenes... my fears for this game were... confirmed...

I had hoped that they would at least finish the story decently but nooooo... seriously the game seems more like the devs were trying to give the finger to EA for firing them after they completed the game by ruining beyond redemption a once great franchise's finale , seriously !

They answer NO questions at all , THEY DON"T EVEN MENTION ANYTHING ABOUT TW or KW , and they made them !

What about the Scrin ? they were coming back and... Oh turns out the game is after the invasion and GDI and Nod totally kicked their asses !

What about Earth ? Nod took all the Tiberium on the planet with them... so I guess Nod gets the last laugh? they won after all , the world has been for about 70 years (don't remember the dates) depending on a Tiberium economy , now that ALL of it is gone... well Earth is screwed since Tiberium pretty much sucked almost the entire planet dry of resources.

I feel like punching Sam Bass in the face so hard now!

• Totem Arts Staff

what a big pile of EA shit .... EA do what you do best and pay game companys to put the EA logo on the game, dont make them ya self, we are always disapointed :(

i wont buy this till its in the bargin bin (around 2 months away dont you think ?) and i will only buy it to compleat the collection proboly wont even play it again its soooooooo BAD its not funny

I am just wondering...

If this game NEEDS the EA server to play, what happens after a few years when EA shuts down the TibTwilight server?

Can people no longer play the game? Even for single player? Will the community have to rely on a party like how xwis (?) did for Ren?

QUOTE (PermaGrin @ Mar 21 2010, 02:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am just wondering...

If this game NEEDS the EA server to play, what happens after a few years when EA shuts down the TibTwilight server?

Can people no longer play the game? Even for single player? Will the community have to rely on a party like how xwis (?) did for Ren?[/b]

Well, supposedly they're hosted on EA's core backbone servers that 'won't ever shut down' but if they do shut it down they will supposedly author a patch that disables the communication to their servers. Of course if they get shut down and there's no patch, then yes people can't play the game, not even single player.

QUOTE (PermaGrin @ Mar 21 2010, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am just wondering...

Can people no longer play the game? Even for single player? Will the community have to rely on a party like how xwis (?) did for Ren?[/b]

You think it will last a few years?
;)

C&C is no strategy anymore in my eyes. It's tactic because it's always short-term planning with the question "How can I get in control of the node in the next 60 seconds?".

If you don't know the difference between tactic and strategy read Carl Clausewitz "Principles of War".

Some ppl call C&C 4 Action-Strategy but this word is just a cynical piece of satire with no sense.

Newbies study tactics, amateurs study strategy, professionals study logistics. Unfortunately this game has zero logistics anymore since everything is handed to the player on a silver platter. (E.G. no economy, the maps are small, radar is always on, they don't have to manage construction and defense of a base, etc..)

Like a lot of games EA makes, the idea's behind it are great, sometimes even near the purity of genius. Changing the old gameplay was a step in the right direction, but they changed it by deleting too much and adding too little.

If done slowly, game by game, the entire concept could probably have given the entire franchise a kickstart that would make people stop whining about 'the good ol days with westwood' (who were about to screw the storyline up anyways). But they failed at all fronts, it seems. Economy and basebuilding were the VERY core of the game, as it stands now, even Generals is more entitled to wear the C&C at the front then this game.

Yours sincerely,

Demigan.

QUOTE ((NE)Fobby(GEN) @ Apr 2 2010, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.amazon.com/Command-Conquer-4-Ti...3617&sr=8-1

# Average Customer Review: 1.2 out of 5 stars See all reviews (117 customer reviews)[/b]

The customer reviews on amazon are really not representative because there are many many hate reviews of angry fans who give this game just 1 star and no real rating. It was the same with Supreme Commander 2 or Assassins Creed 2 for example. Especially the last one: it's a great game but it got a lot 1 star reviews because of Ubissofts new DRM system (which is the biggest cr** indeed). I would only remove one of my stars because of things like DRM and so on*.

Anyway in case of C&C 4 the 1.5 stars could fit in my opinion (in due consideration of*). Even if you treat this just as a game or random RTS and not as C&C.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

To add some to the chat here.

Who would have thought that CnC would end this horribly bad when you think back on the other games? The second mission of the GDI campaign in CnC TibDawn. The GDI invasion on the second mission of CnC Renegade? When McNiel shot and impaled Kane in the last cutscene of TibSun when playing as GDI? When CABAL assasinated the whole Nod inner circle in Firestorm? All this practicly made my childhood, and look at it now. All in ruins, Westwood is no more, CnC is nothing of what it once was.

• 1 month later...
To add some to the chat here.

Who would have thought that CnC would end this horribly bad when you think back on the other games? The second mission of the GDI campaign in CnC TibDawn. The GDI invasion on the second mission of CnC Renegade? When McNiel shot and impaled Kane in the last cutscene of TibSun when playing as GDI? When CABAL assasinated the whole Nod inner circle in Firestorm? All this practicly made my childhood, and look at it now. All in ruins, Westwood is no more, CnC is nothing of what it once was.

I think noone saw this coming. I mean people had issues with TW/KW, but those games were very polished and had bigger production values at least..

• 2 months later...
There is not a big enough facepalm in the universe to describe the amounts of suck and fail that this game is made of.

The Universe is full of Intelligent life as the Earth won't makes up even 1% of the Universe, but the Intelligent Life Forms other than our own are more than enough to do a big facepalm to describes the amounts of suck and fail that this game is made of.