Renegade X - February Update

[NE]Fobby[GEN]

• Totem Arts Staff

6718js.png

Hey everyone!

Welcome to Renegade X's February 2010 news update. We've got some exciting news for you all. Renegade X is the Command & Conquer mod for Unreal Tournament 3, and our current version, the 0.5 beta, is available for download here: http://www.renegade-x.com/index.php?option...1&Itemid=69

Today's update will include the following items:

1. ModDB.com "Mod of the Year 2009" news

2. Make Something Unreal Contest news

3. New patch coming soon!

4. Dr. Ignatio Mobius

5. Volt Autorifle

6. Nuclear Strike animation teaser

7. New tutorials for Renegade X's maps and mods tools

8. MP Gaming server and sever-side mods

9. Aircrafts Mod

10. X-Mountain: Renegade X's first fan map!

11. Media Platoon is looking for recruits!

12. Dev Night this coming Saturday and Sunday!

Dev Night! February 13th and 14th[/b]

0.5's first Dev Night event is coming soon to a PC near you!

This is your chance to play with the developers of Renegade X, and other members of the community. You could expect a great deal of teamwork as well. All the information you need can be found below.

The game will be held this coming weekend. The first event will be on Saturday, February 13th, and the second will be on Sunday, February 14th.

Both events will start at 3:00pm EST (Eastern Standard Time).

Come on to whatever server is populated at the right time :) See you there!

That's all for now folks. This was a huge update, but every bit of information was absolutely necessary. Stay tuned, and keep your eyes open for more updates and surprises in the near future!

• Totem Arts Staff
QUOTE (Atlas Tasume @ Feb 9 2010, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fantastic uppdate! Really good! I cant wait to try it out!

Now, this ''game night'' It WOULD be more convinient if the timezone went after +0GMT, its easier for us all since this is an international website![/b]

8:00 pm GMT always add 5hrs to what ever fobby says for GMT

That's an awesome update. I wish I could try out for the media platoon. But with student teaching going, and the Hell that my teacher is putting me through at night, I know I won't have time to do this or to game. Believe me when I say, "I've been going through video game withdrawals."

I'm really proud of what you guys have been doing. You are all very talented artists. I wish I was just as talented in that area. Maybe when I graduate in May, I can be of some more help. After all I won't be teaching, or going through any more crap that she makes me do at night... I swear I never realized it would take me this long to grade papers each night too, lol... These kids have so many spelling and punctuation mistakes it's not funny...

I hope I get to come by again soon.

Bye.

looking good so far...when you make the aircrafts yourselves, I would suggest you place the camera position somewhat near the middle of the tailboom if possible. That way the whole aircraft is not in your face blocking a good 40% of the screen and affecting ground visibility.

QUOTE (Combine 108 @ Feb 9 2010, 08:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great work, just dunno about the volt auto-rifle... seems a bit bare-bones to me. For such a supposedly powerful weapon it appears a bit thin and lacking in body.[/b]

Well, it really doesn't take much to make lethal amounts of surging electricity.

I hope the missile (nuke) will be physically reduced in size. Even with the bigger and better explosion coming soon (which is needed and im very happy for :D ) I still think it looks and will look ridiculously out of proportion. The texture/model looks great, it's just way to big o_O

• Totem Arts Staff
QUOTE (They. @ Feb 15 2010, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope the missile (nuke) will be physically reduced in size. Even with the bigger and better explosion coming soon (which is needed and im very happy for :D ) I still think it looks and will look ridiculously out of proportion. The texture/model looks great, it's just way to big o_O[/b]

lol its a nuke ... by all respects it should blow up the map lol a nuke is not a small explosion lmao

• Totem Arts Staff
QUOTE ((NE)Fobby(GEN) @ Feb 15 2010, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It isn't as gigantic as you may think from the teaser. I believe the size is appropriate. It'll engulf one building and not the entire base.[/b]

lol yer i know ... was being realistic lol

the teaser looks mint .... carnt wait too see it in coulor and in front of me :)

I was referring to the size of the actual missile, not the explosion. The explosion looks great, even with minimal visibility from the teaser video.

However i do seriously think think the actual physical size of the missile is WAY to large (i think it's taller then the power plant o_O)

Looks strange having a missile the length of an entire structure dropping from the sky (and then taking out just one building)