interesting

punko24

QUOTE (noxdrac @ Oct 4 2009, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Stupid bums up in their corporate office![/b]

LOL. Yep. The "bums" were going to offer me a job, but after those higher up in command cancelled an internal project, so they didn't need the position filling anymore. Like WTF. :P

I doubt EA is going to be impressed with the maybe 100 or 200 people that will still be playing this game in 3 months time. From a business standpoint it's not interesting to create a completely new game for a community as small as the current Renegade community. Seriously, we're not that big. And the Renegade X community is even smaller.

Something I do secretly hope for though, as the mod continues to grow, is that either EA or Epic start to take an interest in the game and maybe give it a form of support or at least publicity. It's possible, just look at Counterstrike, but the team would really have to work on this for a few more years.

QUOTE (TigerXtrm @ Oct 4 2009, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I doubt EA is going to be impressed with the maybe 100 or 200 people that will still be playing this game in 3 months time. From a business standpoint it's not interesting to create a completely new game for a community as small as the current Renegade community. Seriously, we're not that big. And the Renegade X community is even smaller.

Something I do secretly hope for though, as the mod continues to grow, is that either EA or Epic start to take an interest in the game and maybe give it a form of support or at least publicity. It's possible, just look at Counterstrike, but the team would really have to work on this for a few more years.[/b]

well on fileplanet, 2730 ppl have dl the mod .. so if you count that almost the 3/4 of this ppl bought ut3 for ren-x, and a good part bought it during the last weekend on steam ... and dont forget that FP is not the only link provider .. we need to know how many ppl dled it from other source ...

QUOTE (noxdrac @ Oct 4 2009, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
/total fuggin agree! EA must be facedesking right about now, Stupid bums up in their corporate office! =D GG team![/b]

As much as I hope they understand that fucking up Renegade and cancelling Renegade 2 was a huge fucking mistake, but I really think that they don't give a shit about what their customers/fans think 1 bit.