Renegade X 0.35 Server Client Quick Patch

[NE]Fobby[GEN]

• Totem Arts Staff

As many of you have noticed, the server client program does not accurately present a server's playercounts.

A quick fix for the Renegade X server client has been uploaded. The patch is dependent on the servers. Server owners must install this patch and update their server(s) for their servers to properly display the player count info.

All non-server owners will need this patch as well. You can find it below:

http://borgamers.com/RenX/RenX_SC_Patch1.zip

Oddly enough this patch messed up my game somehow. After I installed it, whenever I used the frontend to join a server it would launch the mod, and stay in the main menu with the 2 Nod characters zoomed out and a horrible framerate. The menu buttons wouldn't react either and I had to use the task manager to quit UT3/RenX. After a reinstall of the mod though, it's all fixed, without the patch.

QUOTE (Lyserg @ Oct 1 2009, 04:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oddly enough this patch messed up my game somehow. After I installed it, whenever I used the frontend to join a server it would launch the mod, and stay in the main menu with the 2 Nod characters zoomed out and a horrible framerate. The menu buttons wouldn't react either and I had to use the task manager to quit UT3/RenX. After a reinstall of the mod though, it's all fixed, without the patch.[/b]

I have the same problem too except for the UK official servers...I think maybe it's just because the other servers weren't updated or something like that...

QUOTE ((NE)Fobby(GEN) @ Oct 1 2009, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can join the Renegade X Official UK Server #1, that has people in it and its updated with the SC patch. Any servers that isn't updated with the patch, you can't join.[/b]

Damn, I hadn't had any problems with the first iteration of the client. Let's hope the new and improved client is better. ;)

QUOTE (fooby @ Oct 1 2009, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
right now i find its easier to load the game with the mod as a shortcut (also on forum) not using the renx server client, and then connect using the connect to ip feature.

78.129.164.83:7777 uk #1 as far as i know[/b]

I can't download the Server patch, it keeps giving me an "error" when I dry to open the .rar file...

• Totem Arts Staff

For those who have the patch and are unable to join patched servers, what has (oddly) worked for some people is that you can:

1. Go to your Renegade/Published/Script folder

2. Remove the RenX SC script file (move it somewhere else temporarily)

3. Join a patched server

It will automatically download the patch correctly to a different directory and will get you ingame properly. It's very weird, but it has worked for some people I've talked to.