Question Regarding Development.

thrash300

K So I am really anticipating this great mod, and from what I can comprehend from the "Renegade X - April Fools Demonstration Video" it seems like the mod is nearing completion.... It looks as if it is fully build and ready to be distributed. My question is whats the hold up? Correct me if Im wrong, but think that it is scripts 4.0 that is holding back the mod from being released to the public(Probably same reason why APB, & Rebarn are being held back. ).

Also:

Q: Hey might you add the ability for infantry to rappel down from Transport helicopters?

A: Nah. There aren't a lot of places that the Transports can't go where you would actually need this ability.[/b]

Would it be to hard?? :P h34r:

• Totem Arts Staff

For the last time, this is not a W3D mod. We have nothing to do with Scripts 4.0 and vice versa, we are a UT3 mod. Renegade scripts do not help or hurt mods on the UE3 engine, we've got nothing to do with them.

Secondly, we only show what we have finished. In other words, there is plenty that is unfinished or in progress that we did not present in the April Fools Video. The mod also still requires more buildings, characters, and weapons mostly before any kind of first release. That doesn't include polishing the mod, finishing the coding and fixing current glitches.

We will release the mod once our primary goals have been met.

To address your second question, why would we need a rope for Transport choppers? Not only is it unnecessary animating work on our behalf, but it hurts players more than it helps them. In Renegade you simply landed and pressed E to instantly get out of choppers. What advantage could rappelling down possibly give? You're probably a lot more likely to get shot when climb down a rope; the transport also has a higher chance of dying instead of simply letting all of the passengers out in a split second.

QUOTE ((NE)Fobby(GEN) @ Jul 12 2009, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To address your second question, why would we need a rope for Transport choppers? Not only is it unnecessary animating work on our behalf, but it hurts players more than it helps them. In Renegade you simply landed and pressed E to instantly get out of choppers. What advantage could rappelling down possibly give? You're probably a lot more likely to get shot when climb down a rope; the transport also has a higher chance of dying instead of simply letting all of the passengers out in a split second.[/b]

Don't get me wrong, but I think that it is worth the effort primarily because I am certain that should the original Westwood team had enought time, they would have undoubtably given the transport choper that capability, and two it would be a great for fan made maps, where you have tight narrow spaces and supposing this "space" is elevated and a sniper wants to be transported there, the transport chopper would not be able to do it without ropes because the transport simply would not be able to land there and drop the sniper off because he would fall to his death. Another thing worth mentioning would be parachutes, I mean come on we gotta have parachutes, it would give orca, and tranny pilots to live for something a great example would be blackcells serverside mod, were you would be auto-ejected when the tranny, or orca fell below 15hp, and at the same time passengers in a tranny coult jump out at any time by typing in !ph (or something like that) while they would be in mid air and parachute down from the transport. It would really be sad if there were no ropes or parachutes in Renegade X.

QUOTE (thrash300 @ Jul 13 2009, 03:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't get me wrong, but I think that it is worth the effort primarily because I am certain that should the original Westwood team had enought time, they would have undoubtably given the transport choper that capability, and two it would be a great for fan made maps, where you have tight narrow spaces and supposing this "space" is elevated and a sniper wants to be transported there, the transport chopper would not be able to do it without ropes because the transport simply would not be able to land there and drop the sniper off because he would fall to his death. Another thing worth mentioning would be parachutes, I mean come on we gotta have parachutes, it would give orca, and tranny pilots to live for something a great example would be blackcells serverside mod, were you would be auto-ejected when the tranny, or orca fell below 15hp, and at the same time passengers in a tranny coult jump out at any time by typing in !ph (or something like that) while they would be in mid air and parachute down from the transport. It would really be sad if there were no ropes or parachutes in Renegade X.[/b]

Well first of all, it changes the gameplay for the bad if you ask me. Ropes or parachutes weren't meant to be in Renegade. And let's face it; you'll get killed way to easily if you rapple down a stupid rope. As for the parachutes, well it would be nice but still a definite NO. If you're anything less than BLIND you're clearly able to see when your chopper or orca (or apache) is going to get killed. Just get close to the ground when that time comes. Used that many times and some times my orca (or apache) even survived because i could get my ass around corners quickly repairing my heli and then run away again.

And as for the sniper thingie: Let's say this elevated space can't be reached at all. His WF or Airstrip is destroyed and there are no transport choppers anymore. How on earth is he going to get off that spot when he has to refill? He'll have to kill himself costing him more credits than he probably earned during his sniping on his unreachable spot.

So actually i don't think that ropes or parachutes are a good idea. They weren't part of the original Renegade for a reason (a reason which i don't know, this is just my opinion). And that's why i think that they shouldn't be a part of Renegade-X.
Just my point of view though :)

QUOTE (thrash300 @ Jul 12 2009, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Correct me if Im wrong, but think that it is scripts 4.0 that is holding back the mod from being released to the public(Probably same reason why APB, & Rebarn are being held back. ).[/b]

...... Hai!
QUOTE (thrash300 @ Jul 12 2009, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and from what I can comprehend from the "Renegade X - April Fools Demonstration Video" it seems like the mod is nearing completion.... It looks as if it is fully build and ready to be distributed.[/b]

I don't know what the team has done during april/june/july (so far), but the powerplant(s) & refinery(s) aren't (or weren't) finished yet. They looked gray (no texture yet).

They were also working on a new Havoc & missing GDI/Nod infantry (and the AGT I think)?

QUOTE (Mighty BOB! @ Jul 14 2009, 12:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There's also, you know, the menu. We haven't shown it because it doesn't even exist yet. We have no menu at all. You wanna play a game with no menu and no purchase terminals?[/b]

kk I get your point, but lets SERIOUSLY consider the tranny with a rope, but with my very lengthy experience in Renegade, I ended up with the conclusion that giving the trannys ropes for infantry to scale down from the choppers WOULD NOT change the gameplay AT ALL! WHY?. Put it this way, experienced players would not do it, and the newbies would learn not to do it, and...we all know the dangers involved in using such a method of getting out of a tranny, snipers, gettin' ran over, SBH's, an so on, BUT, you all didn't consider the fact that people won't be using it because it is too dangerous, but I strongly believe that the feature should still be there, it would not only make Renegade like the original developers wanted(cause ropes were planed to be ingame, along with working weapons for the trannys) it to be but it would also make it better, put simply the sniper being dropped off in a special location was just a VERY small example, consider this: how about SBH's getting out by rope?. Sure you can say its too dangerous cause of the rope being suspended from the tranny for no reason, but come on if you have been playing Renegade for as long as I have, and you suddently had that option you would do it all the time! Even thought the experienced players would blast the rope to hell, just admit it, just because YOU THINK it would change game play dramatically, in reality it WON'T, you even can consider adding the rope as a server option. You don't have to add the rope, but me, as a C&C Renegade fan, I would love to see it implemented, and DON'T tell me that it will cause all these dramatic gameplay changes, if you do, then give AT LEAST 4 examples cause you did say "Major" gameplay changes.

Add the ropes...

QUOTE (Mighty BOB! @ Jul 15 2009, 04:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then no one would do it which means it would be pointless to add.[/b]

It does looks like your right, but come on, woulden't you like to snipe off of a rope?. Or see gunner hanging from a rope and crashing into walls, rocks, hills, and moutains?.... TBH I would like to snipe from a rope.

ropes will only be used on one thing in this game... kinky bondage... :blink: errrr... wrong game, sorry.

Anyway, screw the ropes for now, let them concentrate on making it as similar to the original as possible, extras may or may not be added later.

Ask for ropes again when the mod is finished and tested.

QUOTE (thrash300 @ Jul 19 2009, 03:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It does looks like your right, but come on, woulden't you like to snipe off of a rope?. Or see gunner hanging from a rope and crashing into walls, rocks, hills, and moutains?.... TBH I would like to snipe from a rope.[/b]

Yes, but it's suppose to be a remake of Renegade. They are trying to get the gameplay as close as possible to what renegade was, hence the same models, same mechanics etc. Also, in renegade, whenever a transport helicopter was sighted it would be shot down VERY fast, and traveling on the ground is the only way to get to a base without being sniped to death, so you probably wouldn't ever get a chance to actually snipe from the rope.

QUOTE (thrash300 @ Jul 14 2009, 11:42 PM) *
Put it this way, experienced players would not do it, and the newbies would learn not to do it. <--- and this

QUOTE (scensorECHO @ Jul 20 2009, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am highly against this suggestion. I'd never use it, and it'd be stupid to waste time on it.

Just keep working on remaking it as it is :) [/b]

KK FINE How about the issue with parachutes?. They were used **very** successfully on the BC servers, were you would parachute out of a tranny by typing in a command in the chat box. I hope the community is not agianst parachutes as they are against the ropes, parachutes are not as useless as the ropes might be, and we all have to agree on that, lets hear what you guys have to say about parachutes.

well why always get rope and para?? just jump off the trans heli .. if you didnt died, its perfect. you rreally want those things??? if ya, just wait till the mod is finish and start you custom server and code it in your server. those guys work really hard to get a good fun and FINISHED mod, they made it by free time, no one pay them for that. if your not happy with Dev team decision, even after they tell you that they didnt want to do that, just start to learn modding and coding and when the game will be out, make you own mod of this mod.im not flaming or losing patience, but i saw too much of ppl who argue too much even after that the Ren-X Team or Admin post a decision on somethings. ok im done :P and i hate most ingame mod of renegade. iut kill the fun in game .. some is good , but most arent needed at all ..

QUOTE (R315r4z0r @ Jul 20 2009, 09:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like the idea of parachutes, but if they are put in, it should be a server side option. And if enabled, the player has to purchase their own.[/b]

NO! The tranny always comes with enought parachutes for everyone!! Meaning that you don't buy a parachute, simply because you are in a chinook transport, and they normally carry at least 15 parachutes. Sorry but I just HATE the idea of buying your own parachutes if your gonna use it from a tranny, I mean if you were going to jump off a cliff, or a building, (Like on Walls flying) then I understand the use of buying them, but if you're going to board an arial transport vehicle then it is totally senseless, demotivating, and pointless to pay for a parachute, put simply, if the BC servers thought it was a good idea they would have made you pay for the parachutes, but the didn't all you had to do was get in a tranny type the command to para out of the tranny and **thats it** you didn't have to pay for a parachute.

However it **would** be interesting to have parachutes that you can buy, especially on canyon >=) get a 1000 sniper, jump off the donut mountain and get back to base, or better yet, LOL get a group of like 15 enjis and parachute off the donut** I have to make a video of enjis doing that LOL.

The fact that you can avoid dying when your flying vehicle gets destroyed already changes the gameplay, cause the person in it could be a sniper destroying your orca/apache..... if it gets implemented it has to be a server-side option really.

QUOTE (thrash300 @ Jul 21 2009, 05:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
NO! The tranny always comes with enought parachutes for everyone!! Meaning that you don't buy a parachute, simply because you are in a chinook transport, and they normally carry at least 15 parachutes. Sorry but I just HATE the idea of buying your own parachutes if your gonna use it from a tranny, I mean if you were going to jump off a cliff, or a building, (Like on Walls flying) then I understand the use of buying them, but if you're going to board an arial transport vehicle then it is totally senseless, demotivating, and pointless to pay for a parachute, put simply, if the BC servers thought it was a good idea they would have made you pay for the parachutes, but the didn't all you had to do was get in a tranny type the command to para out of the tranny and **thats it** you didn't have to pay for a parachute.

However it **would** be interesting to have parachutes that you can buy, especially on canyon >=) get a 1000 sniper, jump off the donut mountain and get back to base, or better yet, LOL get a group of like 15 enjis and parachute off the donut** I have to make a video of enjis doing that LOL.[/b]

Then what about paying the pilot of the transport?

You get in and you give money to the pilot, then you get a parachute. If not, you're out of luck.

QUOTE (R315r4z0r @ Jul 21 2009, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then what about paying the pilot of the transport?

You get in and you give money to the pilot, then you get a parachute. If not, you're out of luck.[/b]

Interesting idea, thought if the pilot was a paid mercenary then it would work, but in this case he is on YOUR TEAM, its a stupid idea.

you are keeping asking them to put something inside the game

but they say they are making a better graphics copy of renegade <_<

so let them finish that first and then ask for other things ;)

making this mod is aready a lot of work <_<

be happy they are making a mod like this free :lol:

K I have noticed a few things in the past few videos of Renegade X:

1. Every character who is standing up right looks like he has a metal pipe up his ass

2. 3rd person view is NOTHING like the original renegade

3. charachters don't walk, jump, and move like they do in the original

4. probably the most noticable, in the April Fools video, the characters holding the guns are not even having their hands contact the fucking gun!

I hope it will be fixed pictures:

wfq12yj0ug4w6tbtvi8.jpgd0l8p8hk85mtlttcdwzj.jpg

QUOTE (thrash300 @ Jul 23 2009, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1. Every character who is standing up right looks like he has a metal pipe up his ass[/b]

http://www.renegade-x.com/Forums/index.php?showtopic=68
Q: Your infantry animations that I have seen in videos look fruity. Why?
A: Those are UT3's animations played at UT3 speeds, but with infantry only moving at Renegade's speed, so there is a mismatch. We haven't made our own infantry animations yet, but we will eventually.
2. 3rd person view is NOTHING like the original renegade[/b]

What is so different other than the hud looking more computer-like & the characters not moving (yet) like original Renegade.
A: Those are UT3's animations played at UT3 speeds, but with infantry only moving at Renegade's speed, so there is a mismatch. We haven't made our own infantry animations yet, but we will eventually.
3. charachters don't walk, jump, and move like they do in the original[/b]

4. probably the most noticable, in the April Fools video, the characters holding the guns are not even having their hands contact the fucking gun![/b]

Probably related to the same thing.... Stuff not being finished yet.

FAGs should read the FAQ more....
(fucking gun, gay etc?)

Wish you could subscribe to a certain user his posts... I know I would to someone in this thread.