The game is not dead, right? Discord empty?

DOPEYdaBEST

I wonder why Discord is only used for the news but not for actual people talking about the game (Renegade X, in question). Forums are going quite slowly. This game is still gonna be alive, right? 2 years ago I think I saw like up to 60 people playing on 1 server which was impressive, but then how come there is no discord and barely any movement on forums?

• Totem Arts Staff
5 hours ago, DOPEYdaBEST said:

I wonder why Discord is only used for the news but not for actual people talking about the game (Renegade X, in question). Forums are going quite slowly. This game is still gonna be alive, right? 2 years ago I think I saw like up to 60 people playing on 1 server which was impressive, but then how come there is no discord and barely any movement on forums?

https://discord.gg/totemarts

Forums have rarely been used by the average user/player, even many years ago. Discord is way more approachable and natural, it is just a collection of chat rooms after all.

Def not dead.   A server fills up each day and can be full for hours.  But on off times it will be quite empty.

But I think a lot of folks no longer offer up input in forums because the Developers are thought to be too busy with Firestorm.

It just feels like throwing suggestions into a void lately.

• Totem Arts Staff
12 hours ago, isupreme1 said:

Def not dead.   A server fills up each day and can be full for hours.  But on off times it will be quite empty.

But I think a lot of folks no longer offer up input in forums because the Developers are thought to be too busy with Firestorm.

It just feels like throwing suggestions into a void lately.

There's lots of discussions revolving around suggestions on Discord. Hardly anyone really looks at or enjoys using forums these days.

image.thumb.png.04cbd0fe6a605d1e18be1d5d8e839b0a.png

• Like 1

• Totem Arts Staff
On 3/8/2024 at 6:01 PM, DOPEYdaBEST said:

I would say our discord is quite lively. Although there are no major changes planned for Renegade X, we still have active discussions on a daily basis!

Personally, I hate, hate, and hate that most discussions on the internet moved from individual forums to Discord. Discord has its place as an instant communication tool, but all the useful (and easy to find) information is slipping away from the netizens' fingers. Now, it's all in the hands of the Discord servers, and external archival (and web search) is not possible anymore.

• Like 1

• Totem Arts Staff

Can't say I disagree with you. Unfortunately chat platform like Discord add the most value to those most "chatty" in a project and that naturally brings the focus of discussions there. Using a forum is nice for long term archived discussions but for quick back and forth discussions chat platforms have a much superior user experience. And gamers in particular are used to have everything on Discord.

• Like 2