Game crashes very rarely randomly when leaving buy menu

tiga05

Hello,

my game has crashed again for the second time following the same pattern. I was in the purchase menu and wanted to exit using the ESC key. The same thing happened to me two days ago, too. See other log file.

Log files attached!

Can someone see some hints in the logs?

Looks like it is missing some files. But it is not telling me which files 🙂 .

Launch-backup-2023.08.13-23.21.47.log Launch-backup-2023.08.15-01.18.05.log

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/14/2023 at 4:51 PM, tiga05 said:

Hello,

my game has crashed again for the second time following the same pattern. I was in the purchase menu and wanted to exit using the ESC key. The same thing happened to me two days ago, too. See other log file.

Log files attached!

Can someone see some hints in the logs?

Looks like it is missing some files. But it is not telling me which files 🙂 .

Launch-backup-2023.08.13-23.21.47.log 392.43 kB · 6 downloads Launch-backup-2023.08.15-01.18.05.log 234.73 kB · 4 downloads

Sounds like the purchase terminal bug is alive and well—it’s not you, it’s the game

• Sad 1

• 8 months later...
Posted (edited)

Hi,

this bug still exists and is very frustrating. I really would like to play this game without this bug (and I guess others would too).

@AshbyJones Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe we just chatted about this issue some minutes ago in-game because my game crashed 6 times within 2 hours because of that... Always when it’s "important".

Is it possible to get some kind of debug client to give you more information about the issue? I really would like to help fix the issue @NodSaibot, even if it means signing NDAs or whatever else is necessary. We can talk on Discord, install debug tools, or whatever is needed. I also have a decent PC with a Ryzen 5900X and an RTX 4090.

Edited by tiga05

• Totem Arts Staff
On 5/18/2024 at 7:43 PM, tiga05 said:

Hi,

this bug still exists and is very frustrating. I really would like to play this game without this bug (and I guess others would too).

@AshbyJones Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe we just chatted about this issue some minutes ago in-game because my game crashed 6 times within 2 hours because of that... Always when it’s "important".

Is it possible to get some kind of debug client to give you more information about the issue? I really would like to help fix the issue @NodSaibot, even if it means signing NDAs or whatever else is necessary. We can talk on Discord, install debug tools, or whatever is needed. I also have a decent PC with a Ryzen 5900X and an RTX 4090.

The game has existed for some time and mostly exists due to the middleware for the HUD that we use, as far as I know. Doesn't matter if we install every tool in the book, the issue does not lie within something we have access to fix. It is an engine bug.

@NodSaibot

Thank you for the clarification. As a player who only occasionally checks into the game, I'm naturally not involved in such details. I always just hear rumors and a certain discontent that this bug causes among players. But no one knows details.
As a developer, I would now be curious to know whether this crash could somehow be fixed through exception handling, if the root cause of the error cannot be resolved.
However, since you are well aware of the bug according to your statement, you have surely already tried various things to fix the problem at sereval layers.

Looks like I finally have to accept, that no one can fix this issue anymore 😕.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1