Why does Renegade X crash after 3 or 4 minutes

Darren

Hi,

I live abroad and have a very low, unplayable, ping so I only play using single player with bots.

The games loads and starts fine, plays smoothly for 3 or 4 minutes then crashes. Everything closes and I end up back on my desktop.

The crashing happens about 95% of the time. I occasionally get a couple of hours of play :)

have no idea why. I've paused updates, turned antivirus off, stopped as many processes as I dare, tried with internet on and off.

I'm sure my PC is good enough to play:       11th Gen  i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz, 2419 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s), 16GB RAM, plenty of free memory.

Does anyone know why? Any suggestions on a fix?

This is the error message I get:

Address = 0xd7a64cc2 (filename not found) [in C:\Users\darre\AppData\Local\Renegade-X\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
Address = 0xd7773067 (filename not found) [in C:\Users\darre\AppData\Local\Renegade-X\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
Address = 0xd78cc8a2 (filename not found) [in C:\Users\darre\AppData\Local\Renegade-X\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
Address = 0xd724ee17 (filename not found) [in C:\Users\darre\AppData\Local\Renegade-X\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
Address = 0xd723c31e (filename not found) [in C:\Users\darre\AppData\Local\Renegade-X\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
Address = 0xd724c2b0 (filename not found) [in C:\Users\darre\AppData\Local\Renegade-X\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
Address = 0xd724f17e (filename not found) [in C:\Users\darre\AppData\Local\Renegade-X\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
Address = 0xd72470f9 (filename not found) [in C:\Users\darre\AppData\Local\Renegade-X\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
Address = 0xd724c2b0 (filename not found) [in C:\Users\darre\AppData\Local\Renegade-X\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
Address = 0xd724f17e (filename not found) [in C:\Users\darre\AppData\Local\Renegade-X\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
Address = 0xd72470f9 (filename not found) [in C:\Users\darre\AppData\Local\Renegade-X\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
Address = 0xd724c2dc (filename not found) [in C:\Users\darre\AppData\Local\Renegade-X\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
Address = 0xd722a611 (filename not found) [in C:\Users\darre\AppData\Local\Renegade-X\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
Address = 0xd724c2dc (filename not found) [in C:\Users\darre\AppData\Local\Renegade-X\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
Address = 0xd724bc89 (filename not found) [in C:\Users\darre\AppData\Local\Renegade-X\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
Address = 0xd72571c7 (filename not found) [in C:\Users\darre\AppData\Local\Renegade-X\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
Address = 0xd7536ad9 (filename not found) [in C:\Users\darre\AppData\Local\Renegade-X\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
Address = 0xd87f9bd0 (filename not found) [in C:\Users\darre\AppData\Local\Renegade-X\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
Address = 0xd757955f (filename not found) [in C:\Users\darre\AppData\Local\Renegade-X\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
Address = 0xd7795709 (filename not found) [in C:\Users\darre\AppData\Local\Renegade-X\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
Address = 0xd76ddc63 (filename not found) [in C:\Users\darre\AppData\Local\Renegade-X\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
Address = 0xd87c8ca0 (filename not found) [in C:\Users\darre\AppData\Local\Renegade-X\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
Address = 0xd87cdfee (filename not found) [in C:\Users\darre\AppData\Local\Renegade-X\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
Address = 0xd87ce05a (filename not found) [in C:\Users\darre\AppData\Local\Renegade-X\Binaries\Win64\UDK.exe]
Address = 0x2d7c9fb1 (filename not found) 
Address = 0x2d7c9fb1 (filename not found) 

The bots crashing the game is a known problem.   There is no fix expected any time soon.... but i really wish there was such.

However!   The good news is that you can reduce the crashes by playing with fewer bots.     If you are using a large number of bots then try using less.   

I like to use bots.  It is amazing how differently they play depending on the level bot you use.      It is hard to believe that lvl 5 bots can take down a whole building, but they can.     I like to put in some high level bots with a bunch of low level bots.    That way some of them challenge me and some of them are just there for target practice.