Bot Navigation has changed?

DoctorAnubis

I recently came back to Renegade X and wished to check out the map I released some time ago, Paradise.

Specifically, I downloaded and booted into the most recent SDK but I noticed something was wrong. The bots will only ever take the most direct route through the map (green), which means that you will never encounter enemies inside the volcano or throughout the jungle areas (red). This never used to be a thing. When I made this in 2019, you would encounter bots scattered throughout the map, taking different routes including in the red areas shown below.

My question is, can I do anything in the SDK to remedy this, or has there been an update to the bots which no longer makes this possible?

image.thumb.png.d377818df9c7bde9d5f49acbeb56c24f.png

Edited by DoctorAnubis
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Totem Arts Staff
7 hours ago, DoctorAnubis said:

I recently came back to Renegade X and wished to check out the map I released some time ago, Paradise.

Specifically, I downloaded and booted into the most recent SDK but I noticed something was wrong. The bots will only ever take the most direct route through the map (green), which means that you will never encounter enemies inside the volcano or throughout the jungle areas (red). This never used to be a thing. When I made this in 2019, you would encounter bots scattered throughout the map, taking different routes including in the red areas shown below.

My question is, can I do anything in the SDK to remedy this, or has there been an update to the bots which no longer makes this possible?

image.thumb.png.d377818df9c7bde9d5f49acbeb56c24f.png

Welcome back! I don't think any specific change was made to make them only go on specific routes besides maybe trying to go to objectives. Try seeing if you can add additional objectives around the map to give more weight to the other nodes on the map.

Thanks for the replies guys.

The map is using the node/waypoint system and has various Rx_AreaObjectives set throughout. I tried setting this one in the deepest jungle section to 10 Importance. But the bots will still never go there.

image.png.1e02cf8a6294b92d61b5e5e5ba586250.png

I also tried adding a UTDefence Point to the same area but the bots don't follow that either.

image.png.408ba962597af65431d7baafaa5a902e.png