A Balanced Renegade?

Grimhound

Imagine this: we make the ramjet weak vs vehicles, even light vehicles will be hard to destroy with the ramjet.

Now imagine someone in field taking an MRLS. He starts firering from one side of the field towards the other. What weapon are you going to set against that? The ramjet, the only weapon with enough range AND damage to kill an MRLS would be gone, what then to take?

A raveshaw? You would die before you get them in your range.

A rocket soldier? They have the range, but not the rocketspeed to hit them efficiëntly enough, neither do they have the damage to overcome them. What to take then?

Another artillery...?

If the only counter to something is the exact same vehilce but of the other team, I don't think it's a good thing. The idea of renegade is not ´they have a medium tank, I buy a tank too´ but it´s ´i´ll beat it with an apache´.

Someone else thinks ´I´ll beat the apache with a ramjet´.

Someone else thinks ´I´ll beat the ramjet with a SBH´.

Someone else takes an APC.

Someone takes a raveshaw.

Etc.

That's what Renegade is about: tactics. Artillery's and MRLS's deal shitloads of damage. The only reason you can't take them on a whim is the danger of ramjets. Ramjets are overestimated, and die by the dozens by other weapons (Even chemsprayers manage to kill them if you know how). So the game, right now, is balanced.

Yours sincerely,

Demigan.

I suggest closing this thread since it is going nowhere anymore and the team has responded on multiply occasions with how it is going to be. No need to leave it open for more useless bitching and just saying the same thing over and over.

QUOTE (Demigan @ Sep 2 2008, 10:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Imagine this: we make the ramjet weak vs vehicles, even light vehicles will be hard to destroy with the ramjet.

Now imagine someone in field taking an MRLS. He starts firering from one side of the field towards the other. What weapon are you going to set against that? The ramjet, the only weapon with enough range AND damage to kill an MRLS would be gone, what then to take?
A raveshaw? You would die before you get them in your range.
A rocket soldier? They have the range, but not the rocketspeed to hit them efficiëntly enough, neither do they have the damage to overcome them. What to take then?
Another artillery...?
If the only counter to something is the exact same vehilce but of the other team, I don't think it's a good thing. The idea of renegade is not ´they have a medium tank, I buy a tank too´ but it´s ´i´ll beat it with an apache´.
Someone else thinks ´I´ll beat the apache with a ramjet´.
Someone else thinks ´I´ll beat the ramjet with a SBH´.
Someone else takes an APC.
Someone takes a raveshaw.
Etc.

That's what Renegade is about: tactics. Artillery's and MRLS's deal shitloads of damage. The only reason you can't take them on a whim is the danger of ramjets. Ramjets are overestimated, and die by the dozens by other weapons (Even chemsprayers manage to kill them if you know how). So the game, right now, is balanced.

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.[/b]

a raweshaw a rocket officer should do good (remember they said they make them track so no matter the missiles speed they will hit unless the arty/MRLS uses the terrain to their advantage, and a raweshaw/pic should do well too, just use the terrain untill you are within shooting range move behind a rock or similar for protection, or just don't run in a straight line and it will be pretty hard to hit you with the MRLS /arty ofcasue a hummer/buggy or apc could be backing it up but hey that is teamwork

• Totem Arts Staff
I suggest closing this thread since it is going nowhere anymore and the team has responded on multiply occasions with how it is going to be. No need to leave it open for more useless bitching and just saying the same thing over and over.[/b]

I agree.

Final answer: Ramjet damage relations will be the same, but:

-You won't score as many points for hitting vehicles you can barely damage
-Reload time will be four seconds long

I know everyone has a different opinion on ramjets. Some of us are hardcore Renegade players, and some of us either didn't like aspects of C&C Renegade, so automatically our opinions on how things should be changed or fixed is different.

The Renegade X team is trying to be fair to all opinions; we're a more conservative approach to C&C Renegade but we won't hesitate to fix what's broken in the game (like getting 15 points for shooting at a Mammoth Tank with a ramjet).

Mutators are welcome if you'd like to make one.