Should Nucs/Beacons be given a longer timer for smaller team games?

isupreme

Should Nucs and Beacons be given a longer timer for smaller team games?

Would it allow the mechanic to be allowed and useful instead of looked down upon and restricted?

IDK.    Just wondering if it could help us have more fun.......

• Like 1

Yes, please disable on low population matches! Also please disable the spy crates on low population matches.

Last time i got very frustrated. We had some tanks in the field and i happen to be one of them. It was somewhat a 10 vs 10 match. Someone place a Nuke beacon behind bar as a sniper spy. I left my empty mammoth in the field, commited suicide and quickly bought a hotwire. Searched the beacon and quickly found it. No one to be seen. The spy sniper had distanced himself somehwere at the Weapons Factory i believe. I was headshotted while i was disarming and moving at the same time. There wasn't much to do to prevent this other than having dedicated campers/base defenders on the team. There are only a few people that know how to base defend on low population and are willing to dedicate themselves to this (booring) task for the entire game.

Edited by CoolAid
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

A few well placed mines will prevent cheeky beacons on most maps... and even if someone does place a beacon, you can destroy one of their buildings quicker with C4. I get sick of people moaning about beacons more than I get sick of beacons themselves.

That being said there is already a serverside option to ban beacons if less than X players so if someone wants to run a server with it enabled go ahead.

Edited by crazfulla
  • Like 1

I note with interest that all the replies so far are about stopping beacons - which is what my idea is about preventing.......

If smaller team games had a longer timer for the beacons then it could allow teams to respond.   Even as things are I often can pull off  the field to help stop a beacon if a teammate calls where it is located.      A bit more time and I could imagine a 5 v 5 game where beacons are an acceptable tactic.

• 4 weeks later...

Well go back in and kick some butts!      Just joking : to say I find that answer unacceptable.   I would not care if they were inconsistent.   I see no reason why that should be deciding factor.     If I know exactly how long beacons take - then I am pro player.   But a pro player could also adjust expectations.    

Or could the information on timer length be conveyed to the players, maybe when buying the beacon. 

The issue we currently face is in small games where the custom is to not use beacons.    Thus the mechanic is totally abandoned - or is the cause of player conflict.   This confusion is not good for the game.    I would rather be confused about how long the beacon time might run than to loose this excellent game mechanic in smaller games.