Changing unit colors (used to be possible somewhere...)

Fishyshoe

Not sure if this is the correct sub-forum, but still:

I remember one server (don't remember which) had the option to change unit colors (primarily tanks) via the F5 prompt. For example, you'd type "!setcolor GDI blue" and GDI tanks would become bluish. Same goes for Nod, and using only some obvious colors (not "bright green" or "dark green". Simply green, etc.).

Thing is, I REALLY wish we could have done that in the official servers today (or any server, to that matter), and not only for tanks! Just like Black Hand on NvN is basically "Blue Nod" (which I like!), is it possible to do the same to both factions, and be able set the entire color-scheme by choice?

I used to set my team's color to green and the enemy to red (or yellow, which is my least favored color), and I don't think it gives anyone an advantage if one uses this color or that.

Your thoughts?  

That was on AllNoobs server ran by Sarah and euan. Probably won't return unless they would get server back or someone actually gonna add this to their mutator list.
Note: Official and CT server are pure vanilla, so don't expect such thing there.

• Totem Arts Staff

I am currently running the Official EU server and hosting it, I actually found an old gif from that. Rainbow was also a thing :P

Technically it is possible to do it as a client side mod, but that opens a whole pandoras box of stuff.

rainbow.gif.5c90c8b5ba229d821b8651b16c6bbe4e.gif

2 hours ago, Sarah. said:

I am currently running the Official EU server and hosting it, I actually found an old gif from that. Rainbow was also a thing :P

Technically it is possible to do it as a client side mod, but that opens a whole pandoras box of stuff.

rainbow.gif.5c90c8b5ba229d821b8651b16c6bbe4e.gif

Like what? I mean, is it THAT problematic? It's only color, and a fixed set of those, say - red (for GDI ofc), yellow (for Nod), blue and green? Ofc if you want more...

Pretty please? 😢