What do you do for a living?

UndiscoveredTerritory

I started out as a carpenter in the theater world, sometimes a Stage Manager.    Then it was Conventions work, the film industry ( never again ) , Construction and home repairs for a long time.    Over the course of those jobs I built my own house where I am semi-retired. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, isupreme said:

I started out as a carpenter in the theater world, sometimes a Stage Manager.    Then it was Conventions work, the film industry ( never again ) , Construction and home repairs for a long time.    Over the course of those jobs I built my own house where I am semi-retired. 

Film industry - never again? - Why?

I averaged 90 hours a week for 3 months.   It's like selling your soul to the devil.   I needed the money as I had just bought my first house, but never again.   My personal "Most worked in a week" - was with the Convention industry during the load in of the year's biggest show.   I had 113.5  hours on the clock.

Edited by isupreme

Enlisted in the Air Force in 2008. Stationed in Japan for 8 years and then got out of active duty. Continuing service in the Air National Guard (12 years total). When I got out, I worked in the automotive industry for 3 years, and then moved to another company and current position as an account manager at the largest book distributor in the world (Ingram Content Group).