Ammo re-supply drop ship

Mystic~

In Mass Effect Andromeda there's a unit called a Forward Station that deploys as a drone-ship where you can replenish ammunition, there always were drop ships in Tiberian Sun for getting new units onto the field. So I'm wondering if it's possible to have something similar in Firestorm? This as it's stated that maps are going to be much bigger and I believe it's going to become frustrating if people have to keep returning to base to resupply ammo. So maybe it could be something that costs a 1000 credits that your team periodically deploys or calls in, in order to maintain a battle field advantage. You could pack other features into it, but it would be a bit of a blatant rip from the Andromeda game, i.e. change your unit class on the field, replenish health and armour or purchase items from it.

• Like 1

Or we can honestly give that ability to the APC? They already have replenish ability after all, and will be a mobile spawning spot in the future

I wasn't aware of the plans for 'replenish', but I'm still not totally sure what you mean, as in restore ammo, health and armour? It sounds like you're discussing the idea of having a forward base now. If this is the case, then maybe each side needs a unit a bit like the MCV that deploys into a small base camp with a defensive turret, sandbag wall and remote terminal etc. I'm not sure I like the idea of APCs serving this role, maybe passive healing if you're near one, but having a spawn location somewhere on the field is very welcome, just not at an APC. Maybe you have to capture a zone or building?

The drone ship would have been able to have been called by a player using a flare or something similar to the binoculars used for airstrikes, would have been relatively cheap and anyone could do it. I'd even consider making it, so it's not a purchasable item that can be lost through being killed en route to somewhere.

• 3 weeks later...