Balance and Ideas

booleeas

Here are the list of balance and ideas to improve the game.

1.) Sudden death mode 

-Both sides go immediately to Heroic. Both sides are tired of stalemates and want the game to end. I've wanted this for a while and if the sides are very balanced it would be a cool option. I could see teams agreeing to this at the start as well for fun matches.

2.) Eyes Balance 

-Everything about the map is balanced quite a bit more now except for the rock above the NOD tiberium field. For some reason it gives GDI a huge advantage to have cover and be able to target the harvester without dodging out of cover as the GDI path. I've noticed the sniping advantage is huge as well as NOD doesn't have a spot they can easily snipe inside GDI base as GDI does to Nod on the map. I would suggest removing it although its been there for quite some time. I would opt for the entrance to be similar to the GDI side. The AGT also hits NOD inside the tiberium field and should have its range nerfed. The obelisk can't hit the entrance of the tib field...

-I had 66 vehicle kills on NOD team and we still lost the map.  I killed so many vehicles on a 32/32 battle and we still lost. The infantry path route kept having protection and could easily keep NOD vehicles in by using a sydney hotwire combo from the safety spot. Nod doesn't get the advantage and I noticed how this kept NOD baselocked heavily. Without it I imagine this map would have an awesome balance. 

-Another item I noticed is the tiberium field is basically a double advantage to hold and GDI has no issues on the map. It would make sense to move the tiberium silo to the back area of the caves up above so Nod could cap it and have a lot more balance rather than give the leading team a double overpowered bonus, especially on a tiberium shared field map.

2.1.) Lakeside Balance

-Move GDI missile tower from war factory to ground. It's unbalanced that gdi can guard the tower with a proxy mine or two on the war factory ramp and I've noticed vehicle lock ons and targeting is difficult to hit the tower before missiles hit the war factory. 

2.2) Under NVN

-Update BH pipeline to be similar to Nod's pipeline. BH pipeline with sbh triggers obelisk multiple times whereas Nod is only triggered once when reaching the first building. 

3.) Sydney and Raveshaw

-Make them both fire at the same rate

4.) Misc Nod balance

-Give Nod a stronger vehicle like tick tank. Noticing Nod can never push on large maps like Outposts or Eyes because there's no tanking vehicles and the flame tank is more of a suicidal truck for maps like Storm. Tick tank for medium+ maps. 

-Stealth tank more acceleration power to dodge, slight speed increase. 

*-Keep vehicle view on MRLS closer up - Reason for this is sbh on most maps sit afk and with the view update I've noticed I can easily timed c4 vehicles and they don't notice as before they can see you lay c4. This is nice as it balances the sneak ability of NOD and should be considered moving forward to make sbh less useless than base assaults. 

-There needs to be some balance between artillary and MRLS in terms of infantry killing. A 1v1 fight will be a stalemate but I notice whenever techs are involved, the MRLS has a huge advantage to kill techs by hitting behind walls, adding massive splash and having a significant pull against repairs especially around corners where the artillary can't hit hotwires the MRLS can hit technicians. Sure SBH can "counter" this but in large battles I notice the sbh can't do anything effective, Sakuras get MRLSed fast and Nod retreats due to MRLS having anti infantry mobs which GDI can use much more effectively. The only map I notice this seems to change on is islands X where Nod can arty mass and for some reason hold GDI back more than most maps. 

5.) Crates

- Invisible Tank Crate - Cloaks any vehicle the driver gets into

- Iron Curtain Crate - Short time of invincibility

- Building Crate - Ultra rare revive a building crate

- Golden Gun - One bullet, kills any ground unit or vehicle with 1 bullet. (10 damage to any building) 

- Double damage crate - Increased damage for 10 seconds

- Scrin vehicle crate - Ultra rare Scrin tank drop (TBD)

?.) Commander Binding

The difficulty in commanding is sometimes just remembering all the binds. I've become very efficient at it but there are two solutions

1. Give all players the commander options so they can see the command keys at all times. Maybe enable all players to have abilities just to give players the chance to learn it or add it in a "tutorial mode"
  2. Add bind options in the menu so players can build a custom commander key binding. I'd like to have my perfect commands ready -> ||move here, follow me, fall back, cruise missile, emp, smoke, harvester stop, harvester waypoint|| all in one menu.
  3. Also on this note fix the harvester waypoint and stop command. Noticing command fails if harvester is dead and is extremely annoying to wait for it to respawn when team is begging to change. Gains negativity against commander when you literally can't as its bugged while dead and people expect immediate results.

?.) Snipers

-Make jumping give a large sniper spread while zoomed in. Rock/ledge jump shots are very over powered.

?.) MCT Terminal Ideas

-Mid level defense structure - Spawns 1-2 anti infantry turrets maybe in unreachable area that can be destroyed but also repaired to help hold mid ground.

-Vehicle Repair Center - Heals all vehicles on map small amount

-Tech center - Unlocks ultra hero characters armored sydney and raveshaw

-Buy terminal center - Unlocks a center of the map buy terminal to refresh health or change class.

-AI Barracks - Generated 1 anti tank infantry, 2 anti infantry and respawns every 3 minutes. Auto heals not in combat.

6.) Other

- Buy EMP grenade - Not sure what the background was on taking this out earlier. It would be nice for NOD and GDI to be able to buy a single use grenade again for $400-$600 range in special rushes for the extra time bonus to strike or provide cover in small rushes. Many infantry could make some more interesting rush tactics but are usually limited by the AGT/OBBY maps and should be allowed to cross some barriers for the expensive cost of a new class. Feel free to provide feedback on why we shouldn't have this. I'm curious why it was taken out. 

100.) Will add more later. Going for drinks. Peace! 

Edited by booleeas
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Scrin vehicle crate - Ultra rare Scrin tank drop (TBD) - but especially for Firestorm, needs a Seeker or a Dev tank. 
  • Buy EMP grenade - and smoke grenades
  • Invisible Tank Crate - Cloaks any vehicle the driver gets into - really like this idea.
  • Stealth tank more acceleration power to dodge, slight speed increase.
  • Sudden death mode

I just wanted to repeat the points I really like, some of the crates are too much for me tho.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2020 at 3:07 AM, booleeas said:

Here are the list of balance and ideas to improve the game.

3.) Sydney and Raveshaw

-Make them both fire at the same rate

Oh yes also the whole "magazine" design of Raveshaw makes no sense, as the reload time is the same as the "recharge" time between two shots. 

On 9/20/2020 at 3:07 AM, booleeas said:

?.) Snipers

-Make jumping give a large sniper spread while zoomed in. Rock/ledge jump shots are very over powered.

Couldn't agree more, it is cancer and actually makes no sense.

• Like 3

I think the Sydney and Ravshaw classes should start with an EMP grenade, allow them to refill it with health, equipment and C4, but I'm no longer convinced that it should be something that automatically replenishes over time like the Patch grenade launcher and I would remove anti-tank mines from this class, they're the most spoiled characters in the game. I also don't think the Gunner/LCG should get both Anti-Tank mines and EMPs anymore, just anti-tank mines feels like the most logical fit. I've seen so many games where the EMP becomes a spammy weapon and teams are able to lay entire vehicle mine fields making vehicle rushes almost impossible, although I have become aware that the defensive buff block the emp disabling effect, which is too much in my opinion, perhaps it could prevent totally disabling them but slows them down now rather than bringing them to a full stop, I suggest this because the defending team still needs a viable option to be able to stop or at least delay a large group tank rush, particularly from GDI. I like the idea of any class being able to purchase smoke grenades and emp grenades for something like $300, this would allow for so much more infantry team play tactics and infiltrations, which just don't happen anymore unless you happen to have the team commander with you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mystic~ said:

teams are able to lay entire vehicle mine fields making vehicle rushes almost impossible

AT Mines can be destroyed by simply shooting at them.

11 hours ago, Nyxblow said:

Oh yes also the whole "magazine" design of Raveshaw makes no sense, as the reload time is the same as the "recharge" time between two shots. 

Few lines from code:
PIC(although second one is probably not used due to weapon having only 1 ammo in clip)

ReloadTime(0) = 2.8
BoltReloadTime(0) = 2.5f
FireDelayTime = 0.33

Railgun

ReloadTime(0) = 2.8
BoltReloadTime(0) = 2.5f
FireDelayTime = 0.25

Also fun fact: before they got charge-up and pierce mechanics, both weapons had 4 ammo per clip, making them identical. Right now Railgun has somewhat higher DPS, if you jump out of cover to shoot as soon as your shot is ready.

Edited by Gex_str
First write, then think, then write again.