Optimal GFX settings for Radeon RX 570

sterps

Hi,

I recently purchased a new Graphics card, a Radeon RX 570 8Gb, which replaced my GTX 770 4GB card that died.
After 3 weeks, it was good to get back into some RenX, however, I've noticed that the game doesn't appear to run as well as it did while i had my GTX 770.

This is very disappointing, considering it is rated as a better GFX card than my previous one.
I've tried putting all graphics settings in Renx to very low and it still seems to be under performing, which is bizarre, as the rest of my kit is the same as before.

Are there any optimal graphics settings/presets i should be running that can be suggested?

Are all the graphics settings in RenX still relevant, ie PhysX, D3D9 MSAA etc?

Or is there anything any can suggest to help me out?

I didn't purchase a you beaut GFX card because it would bottle neck with my other hardware, and i dont want to build/buy a new PC during stage 4 lockdown.

For reference my PC specs:

i5 4670k @ 3.4GHZ

16GB DDR3 @1333 Mhz

Radeon RX 570 8GB 

game is running from a SSD

TIA

Edited by sterps

• Totem Arts Staff

Not sure which graphics utility you have installed, but if it has the option to manually tell your card what settings to use for applications, you can try forcing settings through that. Again, not sure which utility you're referring to to be able to know if it has that option or not. 

Also, post a (Launch.log) file from Renegade X\UDKGame\Logs. It may be trying to use the wrong video adapter outright. 

I believe i may have resolved this.
I ended up re-installing the game, which i thought did the trick, however i noticed that the AMD adrenalin application stopped working, so i removed it, the game was running fine.
I then reinstalled the latest drivers, boom bad performance was back.

Removed adrenalin and the latest drivers, RenX worked fine again.

I've since reinstalled a GFX driver from May 2020 which seems to be running fine with RenX.

Disappointed by AMD, seems to ring a bell back when i had my old radeon.

Anyway, thanks for the assistance!

• 3 weeks later...

@yosh56 Hey Yosh, I think it's worth mentioning, that I continued to look into the slowness of the game with my new GFX card.
Rolling back did improve it, but I still feel like my old Nvidia card ran it better.
I came across this post

https://steamcommunity.com/app/200510/discussions/0/846960628563773260/

and followed the steps there, and found this improved the performance of the game a reasonable amount.

I tell you what, I'm never getting an AMD GFX card again! Too many hassles with many games.