Secret to 60 FPS

PeaceKeep0r

After playing with the in-game options and 32/64bit modes, I cannot for the life of me get a constant 60 fps in multiplayer games, always around the 45 mark.  Are there any other settings I can look out for to try and increase performance?

I'm currently running with an ASUS RTX 2080S and Ryzen 3900x, at least from a hardware standpoint, it's not an issue with FPS

have you tried disabling the framerate smoothing? it caps the framerate way lower than necessary for me most of the time, its on page 3 in esc video options.

but this -USEALLAVAILABLECORES, i cant complain about my FPS but still curious about this, how do i add it as a switch?
can create a shortcut to \win64\udk.exe and add -USEALLAVAILABLECORES to the target, but idk about the switch part or if im even thinking correct.

Edited by Syntharn

• Former Developers

My old desktop had an evga gtx 1080ti and a ryzen 7 1800x. I had very very rarely dipped below 60fps with all my settings at the highest possible settings. I used to play in 64 bit all the time without that runtime command.

• Totem Arts Staff
7 hours ago, Syntharn said:

have you tried disabling the framerate smoothing? it caps the framerate way lower than necessary for me most of the time, its on page 3 in esc video options.

but this -USEALLAVAILABLECORES, i cant complain about my FPS but still curious about this, how do i add it as a switch?
can create a shortcut to \win64\udk.exe and add -USEALLAVAILABLECORES to the target, but idk about the switch part or if im even thinking correct.

Either at it while running it through command prompt, or just do what you said, yeah. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been having the same problem for a while and I almost accepted the answer that this is just how it is with UE3.
But then I found myself also having that same 50fps in main menu, utilizing only a fraction of CPU and GPU.

Oddly enough, this did clear up after clean-updating AMD drivers (were 3-4 months old) and then manually adding Renegade-X as a game profile.
AMD drivers did not automatically recognize Renegade-X as a game on my PC.

After this... my main menu fps jumped up from 50 to 280 fps. (uncapped)
And ingame it is my monitor's refresh rate (75) up until the point where there come players and tanks.
At that point, I drop to the usual 50+ fps, yet rarely below that.

So you're gonna want to make sure that your problem is truly the typical single-core problem in your situation.

To do so, you can use STAT UNIT together with STAT FPS to see exactly what kind of hardware is currently bottlenecking you.
When you look at the ground or facing a wall up close, you should see your GPU ms go way lower than normal. (lower ms = faster fps)
While the game thread will hop up with more tanks and players.

Also you can see the true usage of each of your cores in Task Manager -> Performance -> Right-click -> Change graph to -> Logical processors

Smooth as butter again for me.

Edited by DugeHick