Basic infantry in Tiberian Sun Mod / Renegade X FIrestorm

RoCkStar256

Firstly, i really love the fact that You folks are making Renegade X mod of a Tiberian Sun. Tiberian Sun have been alway smy favourite game along with Renegade. Great work with Renegade X. I havent had played a long time since i play mainly Renegade at MPF, RenCorner  or Exodus.

Whats my point. Tiberian sun did lack of one basic infantry unit each side. In Tiberian dawn we have Minigunner (Light infantry good vs Infantry) , Grenadier/Flamethrower (good against infantry and structures) Rocket Soldier ( Good against vechicles and structures) . It added depth to game and counter system. Well Tiberian sun lacks of it. Just like renegade got shotgunner , officer for both sides or other infantry characters. I do believe it is obligatory to add one more basic unit into Your mod to make infantry fights a little more better.

My point is that Nod has no anti infatry unit like Disc Thrower where Gdi has no Anti tank unit like nod Rocket dude. I believe it would be a great idea to add flamethrower infantry for nod as a anti structure and anti infantry role just like adding rocket launcher dude for Gdi to smash buggies and tanks. It is Your mod but im coming here with strategic idea. My general thought is that Command and Conquer lacks of Rock Scissor Paper opotion of units. Guys, cant wait for mod .

One of my other point is infantry itself, i known Renegade X is a little different thatn Renegade. One I and many original people cant stand are infantry fights. Mainly all that "Unreal Tournament weird jumping and fast running" . I think it is quite unnatural. I find infantry being slower and less jumpy to be more friendly and realistic. It is Your mod, just my few cents. Wish it was all slower and less jumpy like Original Renegade

Cheers,

Rockstar

Edited by RoCkStar256

• Totem Arts Staff

It's not a 1 to 1 direct port, the same as Renegade-X is. It is adjusted in specific ways to improve the gameplay for FPS and make it overall more balanced. It even has some improvements from Renegade-X itself which is specifically tailored toward the overall flow of the game and infantry play. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. However, the movement is the same as RenX.

• Like 2

On 6/22/2020 at 5:41 AM, Sarie said:

It's not a 1 to 1 direct port, the same as Renegade-X is. It is adjusted in specific ways to improve the gameplay for FPS and make it overall more balanced. It even has some improvements from Renegade-X itself which is specifically tailored toward the overall flow of the game and infantry play. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. However, the movement is the same as RenX.

Some good news. Although Ren X is way too jumpy compared to renegade, just my view

I’ll put in my five cents. Although I am not a developer, I can confirm that the infantry classes for the Tuberian Sun era have changed significantly. I would even say that there will be no useless class in the game from beginning to end, which pretty much surprised and pleased me. I won’t say anything more, but if you want more information, I advise you to follow the news on the forum here and in Discord.