[New People] In Need (?) - Join me and give me your opnion

RyanTurner

Hello to everyone, this post today will be aimed for the new players into Renegade X.

Assuming that you've played a little and watch one or two videos on the Renegade's Official Youtube channel or someone's else gameplays or even tips.

And that you played a little of the game ;) (and so far that, hopefully you've enjoyed).

It's understandable that Renegade X can be a "little" overwhelming for new people, it's a different game from your typical shooter/tactical-shooter/third-person-shooter or even from the old C&C: Renegade, lack of a tutorial doesn't help, but the community in the forums, discord and even in-game, always willing to help. 

What I've come here to ask, would be, from your side or perspective, if you could have visualised tutorial or guide (segments of pictures labelled and detail or even a video for that case). To instruct you on something in the game, what would It be?

Personal Recommendations: 

Command & Conquer Mode: Basic Tutorial by Renegade X [Youtube] - Even being outdated, the basics still there.
C&C Renegade X New Player Guide [YouTube] - A recent Guide from our friend @Kaunas and thank you @Snow for sharing this on the comments!

Renegade's X - Official Discord [Discord] - Play with someone, text, share, take any doubts, report naughty people too, anything there always people to help you.
Renegade's X - Wikipedia Page [Wiki] - Little details could be clarified here, new people, take a look at that comm- (Wait a second, ignore that last one, the wiki right now it's missing information! - Commander wise, while doing this post).

And another big arse place for help, it's here, the forums!

Thanks for everyone who has read this post, 

I will await for your answers.

My regards, 

Ryan "Annoying C-" Turner (or Tuna, for those, who like think that "Turner" sounds like "Tuna", damn English-men!)

Updated 24-06-2020

-Added a new video mention by @Snow, recent Guide by @Kaunas "C&C Renegade X New Player Guide".

Edited by RyanTurner
  • Like 2

A shooting range where players can test out weapons and vehicles.    In a battle is not really the time to study how far your rocket goes, or how much damage your rifle does not do to vehicles.    ( i suppose they can always go to an empty server and learn how to operate bots .. but.... )

Mythology.   A simple story line that easily explains why we are fighting to keep our base alive and why we should destroy the enemy base.

1 hour ago, MammothMKII said:

How about adding a welcome screen for new players  (when a new player is detected in a server) that includes links to videos and tutorials? 

Absolutely agree, even if I would put the links to the video tutorials on youtube directly in the launcher window, in this way they would always be available to everyone, not just new players.