Anyone playing C&C remastered?

Mystic~

Hey, so has anyone purchased and replaying the newly released C&C remastered? I can't decide whether or not I want to buy this again or re-purchase C&C Kane's Wrath. I enjoyed playing the original + special ops on PS1, but I'm not sure whether I'm really going to get that replay value out of it or not, it's more or less exactly the same game as it used to be with a few online enhancements and high def artwork from what I can tell.

i bought it.   only 20$  and it enables me to play it on my modern computer.

I have to relearn my automatic key controls like i used to have... you know... when you dont have to Think about what button to push so much.   But it does play like the original and i have had a few "time warps" where i was transported back in time and felt like i was playing the game as a much younger person.   o0!

I found it crazy how much of the artwork resembles Renegade.   All the cinematic stuff that is there to give you a feeling for the game is like TotallY REn.

• Like 3

TD was the very first influential game I've played on my 486. My classmate lent it to me on 14 heavily zipped floppies.. then I had to install it. I was in awe watching the EVA install video, I though this is how military grade software must looked like. And that was just the beginning of my journey with C&C. 

When I heared that my favorite "episode" is going to be remastered I knew it's time to finally pay for those 14 pirated floppies :D

The remaster is very faithful to the original, maybe too faithful which is a bit of flaw. 

In 2-3 days I finished the GDI and Nod campaigns on hard, but if you haven't got into the game I can't recommend that difficulty. Some maps - mainly the mid-late ones without the MCV- are barely winable.

Poke me if you up for some clunky multiplayer. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I bought it and have played many hours of it by now. I was too young to play it when it originally came out so it was really cool to see where this franchise took its first steps. I'll admit it was incredibly challenging. Especially Tiberium Dawn but I managed to beat both of it's campaigns as well as Red Alerts on normal atleast. The updated graphics really helped! I have heard alot of people that are having problems with the multiplayer servers. However it works fine for me but it seems to depend on who is hosting.