Sometimes i wish... for more basic infantry time at start...

isupreme

I know it will NOT be a popular opinion.    But i really do wish the game had a bit more build up in the early stages.  

New gamers might get more invested in the fight.

Experienced players might be less likely to cry out!   Arty Party! We dooooomed.

A lost harvester might be countered.

{ now i enjoy early rushes as much as anyone... but... maybe the game would be better with a bit more early basic fighting ...} ?

Edited by isupreme
  • Like 3

We could just lock purchase terminals until a designated time, it would sort of simulate having a tech-tree to upgrade similar to the strategy games which means you have more time using the basic things like the free infantry, Humvee, bike, buggy etc - lvl 1, lvl 2, lvl 3 etc. Or instead of making it time dependent, ask that a certain score be reached before the next level opens. This would mean we wouldn't immediately see things like Stanks or Mammoth tanks in the early game play.

Yep and that's the point of the game, to destroy the enemy base. We don't need to insulate players in bubble wrap do we?

All you need is a couple of engineers camping with remotes and you can defend against what players make it into say the Nod ref on Field.

People have plenty to do int he early game, capture tech buildings, destroy the harvester and control the map in general. It is more complex than the original Renegade where we would just rush the enemy harvester with free inf every match.

Edited by crazfulla

Initial Mines (that can be disarmed by everyone) in all building entrances would be a great help in this regard, as very often buildings get killed very early which gives a major advantage to one faction.

I think default mines should automatically auto spawn into groups of three at building doors at game start rather than having to give the tedious chore to someone to place or constantly re-mine, or in the past as I suggested should be replaced with laser tripwires, make more sense than mines to me. I get a bit irritated when a building goes down between 3-5 minutes early into the game and I'd also enjoy more basic infantry combat to control the field before getting high tier classes or mid level tanks.

• Like 1