How to start renegade x map editor

Guest Akai

Is there a tutorial of how to install the renegade x map editor.  I used to map with the unreal editor years ago and would like to try it for renegade x :)

Thx 

There is a link to the SDK. You will want to download that and extract it to somewhere other than your Renegade X installation.

Kenz has a good series of tutorials on Youtube on making a Renegade X map and a little of UDK in general - they're a little outdated, but a good start.

Also there is a Discord server for the Renegade X modding community where people help each other out with mapping, coding, art, etc.

https://discord.gg/xErqGpN

Hope this helps!

HIHIHI

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

First, install RenX SDK, which can be found in Downloads section of the website.
Second, after unpacking - run StartEditor.bat, it will ask you to rebuild something(I always forget what it is : D), click yes, wait 'till it finishes and then close it.
Third, run StartEditor.bat again and then choose no, it will rebuild all required shaders and after that will start the Editor itself.
Don't forget that Editor doesn't have its own EXE file, it starts via StartEditor.bat file.

• 1 month later...

Note from my part and experience, If having issues with the editor opening or interface not looking good at all (off-set), on the properties of the .exe check the compatibility tab and disable the DPI Scaling, this was the only issue I had after getting everything setup.

Edited by RyanTurner