Bot Ai Scripting

Guest Akai™

Guest Akai™

Hello Community

I am a big fan of the Ai Bots in Renegade x. Especially in times with low Playercount they are fun to play against and can help filling servers. I like the fact that the Ai behaves like humans when it comes to credit farming, vet farming, buying units, tanks etc and that you can make them follow you. I think there are two Major Things that would increase the fun playing against Bots extremely or make bots usable in games with low playercount. 

1.) The Ai of the Technicans 

When I Play solo against bots the technican Ai  never repairs bulidings and if i make them follow my tank they dont repair the tank either. Also it would be awesome if one defender Technican could be able to mine the buliding entrances. This kind of AI would be extremely useful in Games with low Playercount.

2.) Ai on inf path is running into the AGT/Obelisk

In Field the Ai Unit works already very good. The main Problem is that they Keep running from tunnel into Obelisk/Agt instead of Fighting just in the tunnel. It would be awesome if the Ai would fight on Inf path instead of running into the base defense. If they low on hp if would be also awesome if they would try to run back to base to Refill hp like Players do :D

I know Ai Scripting is one of the hardest things  and the current AI is already better than in most online games. If this would be any possible it would increase the bot fun extremely. 

Sorry for the Long entry :)

Guest Akai™

Does every map has its own AI script or is there just one Bot script ? Its one for all maps Right, thats why its hard to Keep them just on inf path instead of attacking Agt/obelisk ?

Yes, the AI script is the same for each map (at least within the same gamemode - Co-op bots will differ in some ways from regular CNC mode bots). The only difference between maps in the same gamemode is the pathnodes that are placed to show bots where they can walk and drive, according to my understanding.