RypeL Cam - need a fix

kira

• Totem Arts Staff

i used few times for viewing demo files,

but there are few bugs and uncomfortable functions there i found:

console commands:

- seekTo (int hour,int min):  this function suppose to jump to a certain point on the demo play.  but it doesnt work.

*additional note

i can't switch to specific player right away, i must iterate through each player.  why not a function to jump to a certain player?

---
right now this is what i remmeber, i don't have currently PC to run the game but those were the importent ones.

It would be great if you @RypeL could fix at lease those.  thank you for reading!

• Dont use seekTo. Use seekToFrame instead. Its much more accurate (the normal clock gets often broken when fast forwarding). RypelCam displays the framenumber. You can calc what time is roughly what framenumber by deviding framenumber by the framerate
  • If i remember correctly you can use the console command 'ViewPlayer playername' to directly switch to a specific player

I cant be doing such tiny improvement to such tiny tiny niche product forever. I started RypelCam 15 years ago (and im a RenX dev for 12). I cant just be there for my old projects forever. Nowadays everything i still do on this projects has to be considered as exceptional bonus that shouldnt be taken for granted. Its really up to new guys to pick up if they want. I dont want to spend my time anymore on such low impact changes, too old for that.

And no i cant fix the clock. Its a engine problem, not a RypelCam problem. Also RypelCam for RenX got out of my focus cause the game started to lagg in demos at some point and nobody knows why, wich degraded its usefullness even more.

• Haha 1

• Totem Arts Staff

15 years , man thats a lot of time.
I get that you busy man, thats why I took my time thinking if it was worth nagging about,
but - the demo files , as they are currently , are not only in use for me but i guess (i'm not speaking in their name i just guess )  the moderators too,
also the video makers who use it for their YouTube channel.  we all find the current version useful.

*---tl;dr---*

If that's ok for you, i would like to have the source code for the Ryple Cam to see if i can fix it, or at least find someone else that can do it. @RypeL

Edited by kira

• Totem Arts Staff
8 hours ago, kira said:

15 years , man thats a lot of time.
I get that you busy man, thats why I took my time thinking if it was worth nagging about,
but - the demo files , as they are currently , are not only in use for me but i guess (i'm not speaking in their name i just guess )  the moderators too,
also the video makers who use it for their YouTube channel.  we all find the current version useful.

*---tl;dr---*

If that's ok for you, i would like to have the source code for the Ryple Cam to see if i can fix it, or at least find someone else that can do it. @RypeL

Pretty sure it's in the SDK, RenX_RCam package