Rare visual artifacting

roweboat

• Totem Arts Staff

So I'm just curious if anyone else has ever experienced this bug. See pic. Basically triangles show up on the screen (usually all black) and problem can only be fixed by closing game and restarting.

It's rare, I've maybe only seen it a handful of times playing over the years. I originally thought it was simply artifacting from my video card going bad or simply overheating,

but I've noticed this issue on my GTX 770, GTX 1080 and GTX 1080TI.

This screenshot I took this time, I let the artifacting run for about 10-15mins (usually I would just close out right away). I noticed additional blue lines and the black triangles became partially white. first time seeing that. For awhile the entire issue even stopped but came back.

Very odd.

UDK (Unreal Development Kit) based games 09.30.2019 - 21.12.24.02.png

Edited by roweboat

• Totem Arts Staff
8 hours ago, TheOlsenTwins said:

Still seems like a hardware or driver problem to me - never seen anything like that (unless i had faulty/overheated/too overclocked cpu/gpu)

That's what I thought for a long time too, because when I had video cards overheat in the past, I had screen similar to that.

But this is one of the fun problems that seems unique to RenX D=