Possible Command & Conquer remasters in the works

StalinsThighs

A verified EA dev by the name of Jim Vessella has been going around to various sites(so far I know he's been to Reddit, the OpenRA forums, and the C&C Discord) asking for feedback for a potential Command & Conquer remaster for the 25th Anniversary. This is the main Reddit thread here, take a look.

Of course nothing is set in stone yet, but it seems promising. Also, the dev confirmed no microtransactions in the hypothetical remasters.

Im uncertain what they mean with remaster, probably they haven't decided themselfes yet since they are reaching out for feedback.
I cant believe they even doing that even, its EA after all.

A new collectors edition with updated support for newer OS would be a dissapointment since the community is already ahead of them.
If they were to remake all the older titles in newer engines with added bells and whistles i would definitely be interested in that.
Something like playing all the old campaigns in the generals 2 engine, that be cool.

Edited by Syntharn

I'm honestly kind of hoping they go the Starcraft Remaster route. I haven't played it myself, but I've heard it uses all the old voicelines and the original FMVs(possibly cleaned up a bit?). The graphics of the old games were part of their charm and appeal. I still go back and play the games that will still run on my computer, and I don't have any problem with how they look. So a bit of updating, some cleaner graphics, I'll be happy. Although I won't say no to a 3D remaster, of course, as long as the games aren't super graphics-intensive.

If there's no Kucan, I don't care.

Chances are that they'll fuck it up and make everything involve microtransactions and remove any dark undertones that made the original games charming.

The only way I can see C&C being salvaged is if they pull a Red Alert 3 on Red Alert 3 (to erase Tim Curry from erasing Red Alert 1 and 2) and pretending C&C4 was just a what-if scenario because everything became so FUBAR in C&C4 that there's honestly no way they can further that story in a way that will forgive what they did.

• Like 1

Not really false skeptical though, I you take a look at how EA handles Star Wars Battlefront. First Battlefront season pass infestation, no space battles, no prequel units and no single player campaign, they maybe mentioned they listened to our frustration and our feedback. But in Battlefront 2, they did add campaign, space battles, prequel units but really lackluster and soulless than 2005 Battlefront. Then lootboxes infestation that replace season passes that ignited the whole lootboxes fiasco until today.

For new C&C remaster, I bet EA will definitely doing this the definition of "Insanity" all over again with C&C remaster. I'm really hope and want C&C being revive again but in proper way, not how Battlefront went through. So I'm really skeptical and over cautiously optimistic on how EA is going to do with C&C remaster. Call me pessimist if you want though, since it is EA.