empty servers

michel4336

• 1 year later...
Guest once upon the time

Concerns general point of view on my part and should not be related to the last posts.
Empty servers have many causes that have already been mentioned in various discussion contributions.
Personally, I think it's good that some are involved and want to change this condition.
But I also have to say more often (here I can not judge the people and I do not want it), which is more often complained than real use.
Videos are a good idea, you can do it yourself and it's more work than many think.
You can criticize a lot of videos, that's very easy. One of them should do it for fun and will find out what's really behind it.
We've been doing events for almost a year and I can tell you it's more work than what people see or perceive.
Meanwhile, we make trailers for the events (videos are always a matter of taste), we advertise in the Ren X Forum and also in the VK forum and often videos of the event itself. New are now also streams from Murica (Thanks for that)
As statements:
We enjoy it though it is more work, and we can say we are doing our best, whether it is accepted by the people we can not influence.
PS: Unfortunately a bit more text.

kind regards

Silent

• 1 month later...

I have touched up on this issue in the past when FPI was founded.

I ran several professional Google / YT ads for a few months and found that the ads were bringing in new blood but a huge chunk (upto 90%) were barely lasting a week -- then vanishing completly (probably uninstalled the game)

Why is this?

I don't have a solid answer, however I fear promoting the game freely will probably yeld the same results. My theory? Stress. RenX is a stressful game that heavily punishes your team by removing gameplay options / play styles for every key building lost -- this effect becomes more painful if the matches drag on and your key play style (i.e. tanker) is lost, forcing you into a role you  might not want to play.

Or, perhaps it is the high learning curve of RenX? I can't give you the answer. However my findings do point out something clear -- something is putting a big chunk of players off playing RenX and until we find out what it is and tackle it, I doubt any promoting on any level will solve the problem.

Edited by TomUjain
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1