No audio in game

lambstone

12 hours ago, HuskerDoggo said:

Its a known bug with the 64bit version. It shouldnt happen if you use the 32bit one

That's funny - the only reason I started using the 64bit version in the first place is because the 32bit version would often crash, giving me an "out of memory" error. I'll try 32bit again and see if that issue has stopped.

Edited by ps212

5 minutes ago, ps212 said:

That's funny - the only reason I started using the 64bit version in the first place is because the 32bit version would often crash giving me an "out of memory" error. I'll try 32bit again and see if that issue has stopped.

both versions have their own bugs xd.

I personally would keep using 64 bit then and restart at every map change, instead of constantly randomly crashing mid-game

4 minutes ago, HuskerDoggo said:

both versions have their own bugs xd.

I personally would keep using 64 bit then and restart at every map change, instead of constantly randomly crashing mid-game

Yeah, I'll probably try 32bit just to see, and if it crashes again I'll go back to 64bit. Better to restart after every match than to crash in the middle of the game, as you say.

13 hours ago, ps212 said:

giving me an "out of memory" error. I'll try 32bit again and see if that issue has stopped.

That happens when you turn off your virtual memory (pagefiles) in windows.

There is no reason to do that

Edited by Zaptek

• 3 years later...
  • Totem Arts Staff
8 hours ago, XxDrMeeseeksxX said:

I am getting this bug aswell... always played on 64 always had sound... I get sound in the main menu.. but when u load a game it does a high pitch sound and cuts our when the game is loaded

Currently there is no fix besides switching to 32bit or just restarting the game.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Totem Arts Staff
On 8/20/2023 at 4:00 PM, Guzz747 said:

I have installed this recently (both Renegade X and Black Dawn), and both have no sound when playing. How can we get a working file with sound included?

The only issue that currently exists is sometimes the audio will pop-out and leave a static-y sound or changing sound devices will make the sound not come back until restart.