Map Idea I got

martok

Hey I got a map idea in mind but i'm not good at making maps in renX ( i've only ever been able to make some maps for C&C 3) but the map idea I had changes some of the mechanics of the game alittle.

The idea its self is simple Both Nod and GDI bases have Bar/HoN Air/war and ATG/Obby But the interesting thing is. the Two tech buildings we have on the map.
Two Tech buildings being.. Power Plant and Refinery So making these buildings immortal and capturable Reff Easy to guess what this does. Gives a team money. Power plant? takes away the cost penalty and powers their defenses. 

For the sake of Money give both bases a Silo in base so they have some Income but Refinery would always be better for income. The reff could be in the vehicle path  the PP in the infantry path so if oen team wins reff and the other wins PP the team with PP has infantry access to the enemy base as their defenses are powered down and would have their defenses up to protect base.

Holding the ref gives them a significant income advantage which could allow more tanks on field for bombardment so both teams get advantages over each other.

(unless one team own both buildings then its pretty clear who wins)

What do you think of this idea? Is someone willing to make this map for me xD

• Totem Arts Staff
10 hours ago, Madkill40 said:

Whoever gets the PP is assured victory depending on the map layout, even if the entrances to the PP were secure infantry routes would still leave the team in control of the PP the most dominant team

It'd be a steamroller for sure

That's a lot of kismet tho

I think you can just use for Ref the silo tech building and replace it with ref meshes

13 hours ago, Madkill40 said:

Whoever gets the PP is assured victory depending on the map layout, even if the entrances to the PP were secure infantry routes would still leave the team in control of the PP the most dominant team

It'd be a steamroller for sure

That's a lot of kismet tho

What would make the reff side more appealing? Sure PP gives alot of benefit but shouldn't having a Income be pretty huge? If we make reff building the only income on the map wouldn't that in turn spell defeat for the enemy?

• 1 month later...

one thought could be both teams have a refinery already, but capturing a 2nd refinery would allow for a 2nd harvester to be deployed from strip/WF, but not the steady income from it, thus increasing income over time of a team if they can protect both the neutral structure, and the secondary harvester.