In the process of acquiring a server computer

Mr.Dynamite

Well I'm getting it for free, so there's that. Apparently it can go for a pretty penny if I refurbish it. I mostly just want to know if I could make good money off of it through hosting or if it would be a better idea to just refurbish and sell it.

Edited by Mr.Dynamite

It honestly depends on what you want to do with it, if you want to run stuff for others then you can potentially rent it out or run servers for games that you want to run, or even use it as a large NAS drive.

Otherwise there is little benefit on keeping hold of Server hardware and can just do a bit of Refurbishment to it and sell it on.

So I've got my hands on one of them, Dell Precision 650. judging by the original specs online, it's had a few upgrades.  I am at a loss at how to crack it open though, pulled the handle at the back and it seemed like it was all going to come apart. So my questions are, how do you properly open it? and if there's any warnings besides the standard surge protocol?

20180210_192012.jpg

20180210_192044.jpg

20180210_192111.jpg