Tornaments

OTT

Always liked the idea of tournaments in RenX,be it squad tournaments or sniper tournaments.

For the squad tournament,players would form squads of 6 members and play against other squads in a league or knockout form(or maybe both depending on the number of squads participating.Maybe the 2 squads would have to pick a time that suit both of them.

The members of the winning squad would have some kind of tag or signature near their names on the forums maybe :P,as tournament winners.

As for the sniper tournament,teams of 2 members battle it out against each other in a knockout form(winner is decided in one match by higher score).Teams will have to be drawn randomly in a tournament tree.The matches will not be played at the time of the pug.

would be cool if enough people are up for either

Edited by ObeliskTheTormentor

Guest once upon the time

I think ppl could give the idea a chance . For me the first point would be OK (with veh.too). 

Sniper i couldn't play because my aim is horrible and so I am out for Sniper event. :D

When more ppl are interested  could be made a first step. How to run this event. 

7 hours ago, SilentKnight said:

When more ppl are interested  could be made a first step. How to run this event. 

exactly,

the  pug started as a 10 vs 10 game,then more people got interested and with time it became bigger and more popular.It's worth a try at least.

13 hours ago, Radeon3 said:

Can't remember any keywords to search for the topic, but @Agent proposed a similar activity a year or two ago.

I'd appreciate if @Agent can find that topic and merge it with this one,or just bump the old one.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest once upon the time

Update:

We are working on a organisation :

It 's beside PUG a good chance to show other gamer (not playing Ren x ) what a great game we are playing and that worldwide too.

We are proud to say that the Dragon Clan from China is interessted to play with us. :)  Some other found too.

The Tornament will not starting in February , because  Chinese  New Year.

We hope some more ppl wants to play.

The Tournament will  not collide with PUG.

A neutral Host Server is found too. ITweek will make  some settings next time. Peopel could use it for training too, to check if they like it.

Main information and more detailed will be shared on Sunday.

Nice weekend ;)

• Totem Arts Staff
1 hour ago, Interval said:

Will there be an opportunity to be present in the game by the spectator?

Spectators are pretty broken, unfortunately. They don't show player names and they are subject to AFK kicks even when you aren't afk. It's quite hard to maneuver as them as well

12 hours ago, Interval said:

In Tournament match not necessary AFK kick, right?

Unfortunately even disabling the AFK kicker in the settings, doesn't truly disable it. 

You remain "dead" in spectator mode and it kicks dead players after a short while. 

I often use Kill player to check if the person is active, because if they respawn during that time, then the AFK kick timer is reset

• 1 month later...