Rocket soldier exploit ?

HuskerDoggo

Pretty sure they couldn't see me there. the problem here isnt the lock on after target is out of crosshair but that is locks on in the first place. (please dont take my increased lock on tactic away. i love that feauture and i've been using it to hit enemies better for a long time)

its a bad example cause they're arties and can just arc on me and kill me if they follow where the rocket is coming from. also the fact that they are on a hill.

and if you're thinking it doesnt matter cause i do no damage, keep in mind this is recruit vs elite

• Like 1

I would not call it an "exploit" -  use of third person is already prevalent for spotting and infiltrating, and a feature of the game if nothing else. Also, homing rockets are best fired in such way in order to avoid any direct obstacles in the path and have better chances to hit enemies on upper ground (if fired straight, the rocket might not adjust fast enough and ending up slamming onto the hill if the opponent decided to pull back). Plus, I do not see this as something that is game-breaking; it actually empowers the Rocket Soldier instead, making him more able-handed to hit enemy vehicles.

Akin to above, MRLS units would also benefit from firing upwards, usually achieved by driving onto a rock, a slope, or something similar (it is hard to pull off sometimes) in order for its rocket launcher to assume an inclined position, so that its rocket barrage will arc toward the blast area instead of going straight. This way allows MRLS rockets to fly over the front armor of enemy battalions and do more splash damage to the reps behind, since the rockets will usually hit the top center of the designated vehicle.

Again, this would be an exploit if you were able to one shot them with one rocket - however rockets do not do unreasonable amounts of damage.

At recruit, Rockets do 60.03 damage to light vehicles, 75 to aerial vehicles, and 45 to heavy vehicles. 7 rockets are needed to destroy a recruit arty. It takes about one second to reload a rocket, and you have to account for rocket's travel time towards the target; unless players are close to them (and if they are,  they will be probably bombarded apart before they manage to fire 7 rockets) the arty will usually be able to get to cover or reps before 7 rockets hit it.

If the arty driver does not bother to back up after 7 rockets, then the driver is not paying any attention and it is his fault.

Also, it is appropriate for Rocket Soldiers to ambush enemy battalions, from inf paths, high paths, and entrenched positions, rather than confronting enemy armor face to face, which usually results into the Rocket Soldiers being either gunned down, blasted to smithereens, or simply ran over (assuming that there is not an insane numerical advantage over the enemy vehicles).

Last, enemy drivers can always locate and track the trajectory of rockets if their are observant enough.

Edited by Jarzey