v5.293 - Client sided graphic bugs

Sn4ke

Hey guys,

since the release of the latest fix-patch I only heard about graphic bugs. Now I saw myself + captured them on a few screenshots. I'm rather sure that they are only client sided graphic bugs.

ClientSidedGraphicBug_400.gif

So.... it seems like SBH, Doza & Raver attacking my medium tank.... but they are not really there. And my med also gets zero damage....

Earlier today a friend got accused of using Wallhacks. @Radeon3 kept calling him cheater and claimed he attacked the AGT MCT from the rear Refinery entrance (also Field, another match though). I guess he also just had a weird client graphic issue.

Anyone else having "ghost" attacks?

Regards,

Sn4ke

Your friend first placed a glitch beacon on the airtower on Under -as always ruining a good game-, eventually he admitted it. Then on the next maps some people kept complaining about him that he shot them with Rav/Syd out of nowhere/through walls.

On field I traced back the laser line which led inside the Ref. I saw him there moving and aiming at the wall facing the AGT and constantly hitting its MCT. There were other players along me who shot and damage him and he reacted to our approach, so he was physically there.

I don't rule out that this might be a graphical/client bug, but many players actually died and complained only about him doing his "trick" and he clearly knew how to play/exploit the game while being anonymous having a one character long name with no Steam (maybe to avoid a nice ban).

Edited by Radeon3

1 minute ago, Fffreak9999 said:

Was this on Constructive Tyranny?

no, @iTweek.s TS3 server (with bots I think)

@Radeon3 he told me about Under. and yes it's a very nasty move, he admitted that.

But accusing him of using cheats / wallhacks? do you have any proof? Did you start a demoRec, anything? I've been on the field with a LT most of the game, so I couldn't see what you were complaining about. But I trust him (+ he's a well known player) and until I see some solid proof of either gamebreaking exploits or hacks there is no reason for me to mistrust him.

Calm down Sn4ke and read again what I've written. This is not a personal assault against your friend, try to look at it objectively. Any reasonable player would raise a red flag after witnessing a glitch nuke, followed up with miracle shots trough walls all coming from the one smurf account. Actually he was called out not only by me.

Trust me, he won't be banned just because I say so and won't be protected just because you trust him. In fact, we all know that no action will be taken against him because your well known friend chose not to risk to use his Steam account while doing funky stuff. Want proof? Go ask iTweek for the demo.

• Totem Arts Staff

Who was it? Give me a name. That's not a graphical big. It's a known exploit in UE3s coding that works in most anything built in UDK. You do it by accident ONCE. You do it on purpose multiple times, especially when you know no mods are around because it is very easily detected now.

Also, if he already was planting rediculous beacons then hes fuc*ed in terms of credibility as far as I'm concerned. 

Ignore the line below. Phone won't let me delete it. 

Also @Fffreak9999

@Radeon3 First off all yes I did ion'd the airstrip(roof glitch) and this glitch was also known. Yes it was wrong using that unfair advantage but the devs could fix that  but they didn't.

On field though Idk what just happened. the obi got triggered and the obi laserbeam went on the silo (visually) the second thing was that I was fully attacking the GDI Refinery with raveshaw after the pp went down and I never was shooting on the AGT (there was also a raveshaw shooting at the agt ) and I also could see my shots twice at the same time (one was visually from my weapon and one coming from the Nod Refinery wtf? ). 

I also played with steam on.

And the other problem is I only get that on the TS3 server never had that problem on the CT server or other servers.

And the only thing I did change was udkweapon.ini for the crosshaircolor the next was the udksystemsettings removed fog and blur + configured it on ultra so that I have more fps , changed something in udk lightmass , input, engine and game. 

I could upload the config to know if that is legit.

and I use udk32 with -useallavailablecores.

like I said I only get that on TS3 server and all other servers are working fine.

Links: https://forums.epicgames.com/unreal-tournament-3/ut3-general-chat/148096-tweaking-ut3-for-a-good-mix-of-visuals-and-performance

https://forums.epicgames.com/unreal-tournament-3/troubleshooting-technology-aa/131803-ultron-s-ut3-tweaks?t=586697

https://gamebanana.com/threads/104913  (

Right ok..... Try this : (remember back anything you edit up) 

1. Go to : My Documents / My games / Unreal Tournament 3 / UT Game / Config 

2. Open : UTEngine.ini and press ctfl + f and paste in TEXTUREGROUP_Skybox. 
There are two lines with this on, its the first one you are going to want to edit. 

3. Once you have found the FIRST one, change the values to this : 
TEXTUREGROUP_Skybox=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=1,LODBias=0) 

4. Now do ctrl + f again and find : TEXTUREGROUP_WorldSpecular. 
Again there are two lines with this on, so its the fist one you are going to want to edit. 

5. Change it to : 
TEXTUREGROUP_WorldSpecular=(MinLODSize=128,MaxLODSize=128,LODBias=1) 

6. Now do the same for all of the below, remembering that its the fist one that comes up in the document that you want to change ! Here they are : 

TEXTUREGROUP_LightAndShadowMap=(MinLODSize=256,MaxLODSize=256,LODBias=0) 

TEXTUREGROUP_VehicleSpecular=(MinLODSize=64,MaxLODSize=256,LODBias=0) 

TEXTUREGROUP_VehicleNormalMap=(MinLODSize=64,MaxLODSize=256,LODBias=0) 

TEXTUREGROUP_WeaponSpecular=(MinLODSize=0,MaxLODSize=0,LODBias=0) 

TEXTUREGROUP_WeaponNormalMap=(MinLODSize=1,MaxLODSize=1,LODBias=0) 

This is a quick pic I made for this, remember you are editing the ones circled in red. 
Also notice the other similar commands under, ignore them ! 

)

config uploaded 

Config.rar

2 hours ago, neyney said:

Yes it was wrong using that unfair advantage but the devs could fix that  but they didn't.

So you knowingly used an exploit despite it being against one of the server rules? Getting on the roof on a non-flying map and planting a beacon is an exploit which you abused in order to gain an advantage for your team.

Edited by Madkill40

• Totem Arts Staff
8 hours ago, neyney said:

Yes it was wrong using that unfair advantage but the devs could fix that  but they didn't.

So you do it.. get an unfair advantage, and don't post anything about it on the forums.. Cool. I didn't even know it was a thing. Great reporting and beta testing ethics there. You know what people who exploit glitches and don't report them get?  

Labeled glitchers, exploiters, and, under more tyrannical eyes, banned. 

13 hours ago, Radeon3 said:

Trust me, he won't be banned just because I say so and won't be protected just because you trust him. In fact, we all know that no action will be taken against him because your well known friend chose not to risk to use his Steam account while doing funky stuff. Want proof? Go ask iTweek for the demo.

^ That as well. And unfortunately, nothing your friend said has done anything to exalt him considering the nature of the accusations, and the fact that he literally murdered his own credibility with his 1st actions. 

14 hours ago, DarkSn4ke said:

(+ he's a well known player)

Saying this only opens you to the question of "who?". 

That's his decision, not mine.

Anyway, back to the actual topic:

ClientSidedGraphicBug_400.gif

what... is causing this?

Before it started to happen I fought a Doza / SBH at GDI PP tunnel entrance. Not sure if there was also a Raver. Once I drove away the viual hits started (Blue Doza Smoke, Tib Rifle Alt Fire / SBH / Raver shots hitting me).

Take down the video or remove it from the forums, no need show everyone how to replicate it. When we find something like this we directly send it to the devs, not making it available to the public.

11 hours ago, neyney said:

I also played with steam on.

Not true, unless your Steam name is player266 and you change the numbers after each every match... then to use the setname parameter to change it to a one letter long name.